Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 62

Thread: My "Probation"/Moderators

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default My "Probation"/Moderators

    Apparently the arm of the moderators stretches to any website in which I post. I made a comment on themat.com about Simmons and my opinion that he wouldn't be able to turn any top international guys with his reverse headlock. P Jersey had this to say:

    "i have my eye on you. You have shown a complete lack of knowledge or misunderstanding of sports. From this point forward you are probation. You can pm me on the twt and i will give you insight. If you do happen to post your nonsense on the twt mma forum you will be handled accordingly.


    I am putting you on probation now so that you dont make a complete fool of yourself like exgrapler."

    I thought that all of these sites were places for opinions my opinion is that simmons won't turn guys with that move. He can disagree, but cmon can you say power trip? And don't worry P Jersey I have never even looked on your mma forum much less post. I'm a wrestling fan.

    I don't claim to know everything, but I don't feel that any of my posts are malicious and this guy has disagreed with me on most topics i post on, and evidently he holds a grudge.

  2. #2

    Default Re: My "Probation"/Moderators

    As long as nothing is vulgar or an outright attack I think you are fine.
    I have silently disagreed with many people on here because it is there opinion I don't have the right to say you or anybody is on probation for posting an opinion.

    I hope pj was joking around.

    What have you got to say bout this pj?
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011




  3. #3

    Default Re: My "Probation"/Moderators

    He wasn't joking around. I don't know this dude at all. He has been the furthest thing for amicable towards me in any thread. Apparently he holds a grudge if you disagree with him. My posts are generally opinionated(the point of these silly boards) and caustic, but never vulgar or demeaning towards others. Here is what I said on themat:

    If you think any top 5 wrestler in the world will get turned with that move you are insane.

    http://www.thematforums.com/myforum/...889&forum_id=2

    If you want a respectable site you probably shouldn't let any mma fan with a pc be a moderator.

  4. #4

    Default Re: My "Probation"/Moderators

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    He wasn't joking around. I don't know this dude at all. He has been the furthest thing for amicable towards me in any thread. Apparently he holds a grudge if you disagree with him. My posts are generally opinionated(the point of these silly boards) and caustic, but never vulgar or demeaning towards others. Here is what I said on themat:

    If you think any top 5 wrestler in the world will get turned with that move you are insane.

    http://www.thematforums.com/myforum/...889&forum_id=2

    If you want a respectable site you probably shouldn't let any mma fan with a pc be a moderator.
    I have no direct knowledge of the situation as I do not visit themat.com, but from what I'm told, you put down a girl who was merely trying to share her insight with the rest of the board. You actually called her insane if the post you listed is directed to her. We have to have manners unless we want these discussions to spiral into a "cess pool". Perhaps she ran and complained about you too, (she is a girl). So now we have her complaining and you getting threatened, you complaining and P Jersey probably is going to be spoken with, where does it end? How about leave the girl alone, make a thread over there and apologize to her and see what happens. Try being the bigger person for once.
    Lets go Brent!

  5. #5

    Default Re: My "Probation"/Moderators

    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    I have no direct knowledge of the situation as I do not visit themat.com, but from what I'm told, you put down a girl who was merely trying to share her insight with the rest of the board. You actually called her insane if the post you listed is directed to her. We have to have manners unless we want these discussions to spiral into a "cess pool". Perhaps she ran and complained about you too, (she is a girl). So now we have her complaining and you getting threatened, you complaining and P Jersey probably is going to be spoken with, where does it end? How about leave the girl alone, make a thread over there and apologize to her and see what happens. Try being the bigger person for once.
    Sounds like PJ, picking on a poor defenseless girl like that.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011




  6. #6

    Default Re: My "Probation"/Moderators

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltz View Post
    Sounds like PJ, picking on a poor defenseless girl like that.
    Hey now Adolf was speaking to vaisforlovers trying to attack suzie shagwell and calling her insane.

    Va has called me idiotic and suzie insane so it seems he can dish it out but can not take it very well.

  7. #7
    Ancient Arachnid Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    5,424

    Default Re: My "Probation"/Moderators

    p-jersey,

    I read the post that prompted this thread and I would have taken it the same way vaisforlovers did. When you assume the responsibilities of moderator, you also assume a responsibility not to abuse that position. Even though you were joking, your "threat" was way over the line unless if it had been made to a close acquaintance who would recognize it as an obvious joke.

    If a cop pulled you over with his lights flashing ans siren blaring, then said, "Just kidding, have a nice day," how would you feel?
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

  8. #8

    Default Re: My "Probation"/Moderators

    Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    Hey now Adolf was speaking to vaisforlovers trying to attack suzie shagwell and calling her insane.

    Va has called me idiotic and suzie insane so it seems he can dish it out but can not take it very well.
    Ah yes I see that now. My apologies PJ. :footinmouth:
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011




  9. #9

    Default Re: My "Probation"/Moderators

    Don't know what to tell you Va. You aren't on any probation here. If you need to put pj on "ignore". I'm sure Jensen will see the thread.

    Did he ever pm you?
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011




Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •