Update will run Friday, 11pm - 3am
You may experience connection difficulties during this period.
Here is what you can expect to see in the first round of updates:
Social Group Discussion Threads
- Messages in Social Groups are now threaded into 'Social Group Discussions'.
- Discussion are sortable by creator, replies and last post.
- Discussions can be filtered with a simple full text search on titles.
- Discussions can be managed with Inline Moderation to soft delete, physically remove, approve and unnapprove them.
- Discussions are Read Marked using both database and cookie methods, with a jump to go to first new post.
- Users can subscribe to discussions and receive email notifications on new messages.
- Subscribed discussions with new posts are aggregated in the User CP.
- Individual Discussions have social bookmarking links (user defined, such as Digg, StumbleUpon etc).
- New 'Can Always' permissions to create and view both discussions and messages, simplifying access.
- Moderators can Quick Edit social group messages using AJAX.
- Posts are now ascending, which is more intuitive in threaded discussions.
- Users can configure their groups so that only the group owner can create new discussion threads.
- Moderated and Deleted discussions are aggregated in the User CP where the user has moderator permissions.
- Moderation permissions are seperated for discussions and threads, including deletion.
- Some extra database cleanup is performed with discussion related data when a user is merged or deleted.
- On upgrade existing messages are moved to an initial discussion with the same name as the group.
- Social Group info is hidden when entering a discussion or viewing pages of results to move focus to discussions.
Social Group Changes
- Social Groups are Read Marked using both database and cookie methods, based on new messages or discussions.
- Mark All will read mark all discussions in a group via AJAX.
- Social Groups can be subscribed to, adding group aggregation to the User CP.
- Social Groups now belong to a category.
- A group's category is displayed in the navigation breadcrumb, group lists and group info.
- A new overview page displays a random group, your groups, new groups and groups that you created.
- Groups that you created are navigatable via AJAX and display further information about the group, including pending members and moderated items.
- A category cloud is displayed in the group overview with popularity weighting based on the number of groups.
- Categories can be created and deleted and merged in the Admin CP.
- On upgrade existing groups are moved to an initial 'Uncategorized' category, which can be renamed.
- Groups can be filtered by category, via the category cloud or advanced search.
- Social Groups can now have a group icon. The icon is displayed in the group info, and a thumbnail version is used in group listings.
- Icons are displayed on the User Profile page for groups that the user is a member of.
- Permissions control user abilities to upload icons for their groups, including file size and the ability to upload animated icons.
- Icons can be stored in the database or filesystem.
- A new permission can limit the amount of Social Groups an individual user can create.
- Social Groups can now be transferred between users. The group will only be transferred if the recipient accepts the transfer.
- Moderators with the appropriate permission can transfer any group. This is useful when a group owner becomes inactive.
Private Message Changes
- Read receipts are automatically accepted when a PM is replied to.
- Thread view
- A new Quick Reply can be used to reply to PM's.
- A new user option is available to set the default value for 'Save Copy' which is also used with Quick Reply.
- PM's can be ordered by Title, Date and Sender.
- When ordered, PM's are grouped by:
- Title - Alphabetical ranges (A-H, I-P, Q-Z, 0-9 and other) - Non ASCII chars are grouped based on transliteration where possible
- Date - Today, Yesterday, individual day names, Last Week, 2 Weeks, Last Month, Older, etc.
- Sender - Grouped by Sender
- Private Messages can be filtered by Sender, Title, a given date period, and whether the message has been read or not.
- Message Throttling. Admins can define a time period and the maximum amount of message each usergroup can send within that period.
- Message selections are remembered over multiple pages for bulk actions (Move, delete, mark as read etc).
- With the appropriate permission, users can now configure which parts of their profile is visible, and to who. The configurable components are:
- Profile Picture
- Visitor Messages
- Contact Info
- About Me
- Recent Visitors
- Group Memberships
- Custom Field Blocks where the admin has allowed it
- The components can be configured to be visible to:
- Registered Members
- Generally information is only hidden/displayed within the user profile page with the exception of Albums which also affects the ability to view the albums.
- Also, custom field blocks can be configured by the admin as to whether they will be included in users' privacy settings.
- Pictures can now be moved from one album to another.
- Album covers are regenerated when moving images if the cover is moved, or the destination album has no cover.
- The default albums view now displays recently updated public albums.
Re: Update will run Friday, 11pm - 3am
But 11pm-3am Friday is my primary internet surfing time!