Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shawn Charles to ASU

Default Re: Shawn Charles to ASU

Very nice as a fan of ASU I am excited for the program. Hopefully he does get a Perry or Abas on his coaching staff but Simpson would be the first person I would call.

Quote Originally Posted by bluestater View Post
    Well, that's a rather large staff, and Askren is training with American Top Team in Columbia, so I don't think he's going anywhere.
    Yeah, it's a large staff, but aren't most schools with a decent budget like that? I didn't mean for them to all be assistants. Yeah, figured Askren would probably hang where he's at, but Perry would be great.

Here's Missouri's coaching staff, so you can see where you can have a rather large staff. I know the ones listed below all aren't wrestlers, but I see at least 6 that are.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width=658><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=6>Coaching Staff</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=6>

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=6><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width=658><TBODY><TR><TD>Brian Smith - Head Coach</TD></TR><TR><TD>Shawn Charles - Assistant Coach</TD></TR><TR><TD>Lee Pritts - Assistant Coach</TD></TR><TR><TD>Ben Askren - Volunteer Assistant Coach</TD></TR><TR><TD>Kurt Backes - Strength and Conditioning Coordinator</TD></TR><TR><TD>Shane Bishop - Athletic Trainer (Graduate Assistant)</TD></TR><TR><TD>Keith Caton - Asst. Dir. of Strength and Conditioning</TD></TR><TR><TD>Emily G. Murray - Associate Dir. of Media Relations</TD></TR><TR><TD>Joe Johnston - Director of Wrestling Operations</TD></TR><TR><TD>Jimi Langley - Academic Coordinator</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Last edited by masseNgill; 05-03-2009 at 09:29 AM.

...plus, tell Ben there are some great MMA camps out west, check out the success the past ASU guys have had and are still having. ;-)

Townsend Saunders would fit in well too. At least there is a lot of room for potential.

Thanks for telling me about Mizzou's staff. That's cute. And I have a feeling Ben has heard about Arizona Combat Sports, but it's sweet of you to tell him that.

Quote Originally Posted by bluestater View Post
    Thanks for telling me about Mizzou's staff. That's cute. And I have a feeling Ben has heard about Arizona Combat Sports, but it's sweet of you to tell him that.
    Just an example of a staff, settle down buddy. I assumed since you seem to be a Mizzou follower, you might relate to the example so you could figure out how you can have a "large" staff. I can point out others for you too if you like since there are several examples across the country. I won't drag Missouri into it again, my bad.

I'm just excited for the potential for a great ASU staff. I'll start my list over so you are not upset.

Abas
    Simpson
    Perry
    Saunders
    Raymond Jordan
    Larkin

I don't think Askren would leave for ASU. I think Abas, Simpson, Larkin would all be solid pick ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    I don't think Askren would leave for ASU. I think Abas, Simpson, Larkin would all be solid pick ups.
    I agree, just wishful thinking.

AL FUENTES aka Okie doke king killa big thrilla