Thread: Thoughts on TUFF 5 Finale

Default Thoughts on TUFF 5 Finale

I enjoyed the show esecially Maynard that guy is an animal and the no contest was bullshit. We have seen that type of thing happen before (Matt Hughes) and Grey should have been given the win because he was initiating the action and Emerson tapped before they knew Grey was out. Emerson should have just asmitted he got owned instead of making excuses as to why he was getting smashed.

I felt terrible for Manny in the championship. I thought he was doing a good job and won the first round easily. IMO he would have gone on to win a decision but accidents happen, I hope to see him again. Nate always looks physicaly weak to me and seems to get man handled but he has so many submissions and he never stops attempting to catch his opponent.

Pulver loses and I was dissapointed because I am not a fan of BJ I just think hes a dick and for being a prodigy or the best MMA fighter ever his record really shows it. But that said BJ was dominating the fight in all positions and Jens really didnt have an answer even on the feet.

Joe Rogan is such a tool. He really pissed me off when he was trying to convince Grey that he was out and it was a legit call. I was hoping Grey would punch him in the neck.

Anyway I thought there were some decent fights but for the most part nothing great.

Default Re: Thoughts on TUFF 5 Finale

I spoke about BJ v. Jens in the other thread, in terms of the other fights...

- Gray is freakin crazy that was an enjoyable fight to watch, and I agree that he should have gotten the victory, like Hughes did when he powerbombed Newton and then went out to the triangle years ago

- Lauzon v. Melendez was an enjoyable one. Both guys tossed out some good strikes and Melendez did a great job defending the rear naked. BEAUTIFUL triangle by Creepy Joe to finish it off.

- Miller v. Wang, Andy Wang really needs to learn to stop standing with better strikers than him, that was a sweet head kick.

- Manny v. Nate definitely ended poorly, but it happens. I was rooting for Nate, but I would have preferred him to win another way as I said.

I didnt get to see all of the Lauzon vs Melendez fight but I kept thinking man Lauzon cant finish from the back.

Miller v. Wang I didnt even ention it because Wang sucked Wang again and recieved a beat down. Then he complained about the ref stopping early. He should thank the ref or else he would be eating thai noodles for life because he wouldnt have any teeth left.

I was impressed with Gray's stand up game. It looked a whole lot better than his two previous TUF fights.

I was hoping he would slam Rogan like that. He didn't need to try and convince Gray at that point in time that he was knocked out. His emotions were so high at that time, whats the point?

I liked how Emerson stated he was disapointed because we couldn't get a true winner....Ha! Anyone who watched could tell Gray was kicking his ass and should have won.

Please Dana, tell me we've seen the last of Andy Wang!!!

I was impressed with Doug Evans. I like Huerta and figured he would just pummell this no-name Alaskan, but Evans was sorta close to finishing on a few occasions in the first. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the octagon again.