Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Draft Organization Next Season: Keeper v. Non Keeper

Default Re: Draft Organization Next Season: Keeper v. Non Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Dart Shark View Post
    One thing we do in our fantasy baseball draft is establish "keeper rounds" -- meaning players drafted in rounds 13-25 are keeper eligible, making sure the best wrestlers are still available for anyone to pick up the next season. The keeper rounds are where you take your chances for a future star.

I realize I wasn't in the league last year, but to have someone latch hold of someone like Brent Metcalf for x-number of seasons makes things go sour. I'd have loved to hang on to Vladimir Guerrero for a few seasons and would have gladly given up my first round pick (whether it be #2 or #14). See the point?

The snake order is probably the best in terms of drafting.
    I like this idea, it does give newcomers a better chance... Can I give my keeper to someone entering the league?

I would prefer the keeper league, small wonder since I have Ness. Keep in mind that guys may be keeping guys on their team that weren't first round picks. I picked up Mr. Marable in the 6th or 7th round I think so there may be others.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Well, again, it's not my league, I'm just going off what we have done in my fantasy baseball league the last six years. It's a league of sports writers, which sucks when one of them is the Reds beatwriter (and he adds and drops on insider info!).

When people elected to NOT use a keeper, the person giving up the pick had his name thrown back in the hat for a draft position.

Marable, by definition, would have been a "GREAT" keeper pick. He's they type of wrestlers the keeper rounds are designed for, the "prospect," so to speak.

I'm still debating on how I want to do it. Other than Grips, and Gofer I don't know how many people we get back would definitely keep guys.

I am still debating on keeping anyone. I am good either way.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    I'm still debating on how I want to do it. Other than Grips, and Gofer I don't know how many people we get back would definitely keep guys.

I'll be in for the repeat!

Count this guy in, keeper or not.
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I'm in this year, regardless.

Is the league full or can a new guy join?