Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Askren wins again!!

Default Re: Askren wins again!!

Is it same day weigh ins for freestyle and greco sr. level?

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    Is it same day weigh ins for freestyle and greco sr. level?
    No, the weigh-in is the day before. I think this hurts US wrestling, becasue we are always trying to get to the lower weight class, liek that is the solution to all of our problems. Cormier not making weight at Olympics, Lester quitting after Olympic trials are all due to our weight cutting philosophy.

I agree with Ugly, all weigh-ins should be on the day of the event.
    I know UFC loves to have a weigh-in live to promote the show. Howver, the number of MMA fighters increasing and the push to drop weight classes, there are going to be some serious issues with people cutting too much weight, simliar to what happened with college wrestling about ten years ago. Hopefully, it will be controlled before there are any deaths.

I woulda laughed if that dude ko'd him with that right hand
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    I am not an mma expert, but i know enough to know that Harris was horrible!

Congrats to one of my all time favorites though!
    "And don't worry P Jersey I have never even looked on your mma forum much less post. I'm a wrestling fan."

www.euromitsu.com

That was my first post, thanks for being a douche though.

When I said that, I had never been to the mma section. Then one of my favorite wrestlers had a fight. I thought the dude he fought was a joke, and i wanted to make sure that was the case, and it wasnt just my mma ignorance. I found out by coming here.
    Last edited by vaisforlovers; 04-27-2009 at 04:06 PM.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    That was my first post, thanks for being a douche though.

"If you want a respectable site you probably shouldn't let any mma fan with a pc be a moderator."

www.euromitsu.com

I believe this to be the first argument that I have ever seen with two people using only one person's words. Early lead goes to Pimach.

Pimach said in a PM to me(after I sent one to him) that he thought it was funny I "talked shit on the mma board and then posted on it" I corrected him by saying that I never talked shit about the mma board or the sport in general. I merely said I never posted on it because I'm not really an MMA fan. I never post on Baseball message boards, I don't like baseball. Does that mean I am "talking shit" about a particular baseball message board? If you use Pimachs logic then Yes.

It's also funny that P-jersey(the person that the whole incident was ACTUALLY with) was cordial and friendly, and you decided to be a jerk about it.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Agreed, impressive display by Pimach.

Vais as I mentioned you are more than welcome here now and I hope you join us more often. It does get a little more heated in here and the banter gets a little wild at times so you have to be thick skinned.

As you can see the mma group sticks together so I think Pimach is still a little angry about you slandering my good name a little while back. Oh well its all in the past, but I encourage you to take part in the arguments if you think you can hang.