Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Logan Steiber vs. Destin McCauley

Default Re: Logan Steiber vs. Destin McCauley

Also agree. Would be just a sign of things to come (TOSU vs. ISU).

Quote Originally Posted by ISU2008 View Post
    Metcalf-Schlatter was a more anticipated matchup, they both lost one, and I don't think anyone was disappointed.
    Wrong! I was very disappointed when Schlatter lost. And I'm not saying I wouldn't love to see the match--I'm just saying I'd also love to see both of these guys never lose again.

I expect the consensus (among Ohioans) is that McCauley loses to Taylor, Stieber, Sam White, and Jamie Clark. At Fargo McCauley doesn't have to worry about any of the four as they are all in the junior division and he remains a cadet (correct me if I'm wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by LkwdSteve View Post
    I expect the consensus (among Ohioans) is that McCauley loses to Taylor, Stieber, Sam White, and Jamie Clark. At Fargo McCauley doesn't have to worry about any of the four as they are all in the junior division and he remains a cadet (correct me if I'm wrong).
    I want to say McCauley has already used his two years in cadets (8th/9th grades), but I could be mistaken. At least I *thought* he was a year older than his grade level.

Redshirt

McCauley is amazing, but with that said, IMO, Steiber and/or Taylor beat him. Toss-up with him vs. White and Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by BHiatt View Post
    McCauley is amazing, but with that said, IMO, Steiber and/or Taylor beat him. Toss-up with him vs. White and Clark.
    I tend to agree with you on Steiber/Taylor, although I have a tough time seeing the McCauley kid lose- it'd be a blast! I'd just love to see a 3 way dual with monroeville, st. paris, and apple valley... talk about a lot of young talent!

What was the score of Sam White's win over McCauley at Fargo? Was it straight sets?

Quote Originally Posted by LkwdSteve View Post
    What was the score of Sam White's win over McCauley at Fargo? Was it straight sets?
    No, White won 1-0, 0-5, 1-0 Over Destin.

Typical White, as defensive as it gets. Clark is the opposite.

Toss-up may be reasonable.