Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian Mob and the NHL

Default Re: Russian Mob and the NHL

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    I say Russia should get 50% of the profit NHL makes from each player it gets.
    Why should the country of Russia get anything?

How would you determine the exact amount of profit that any one player generates?

Olympic Champ

That's not up to me to figure it out. I am sure they can come up with a reasonable amount.

I believe since Russia developed this player it can dictate where he can play. This should be in the contract before each player gets serious training in Russia.

Tell me, what benefit is there for Russia to develop great hockey players when they go to play in America?

Olympic Champ

NHL should be re-named to IHL and countries should profit from it according to how well the players from those countries play. Then I would agree to Russian hockey players playing in America.

It should be no different than any other commodity traded on the market.

I some cases, the players are making all the money leaving the owners with little or no profit.

The Penguins were bankrupt a few years ago. That's how Mario Lemieux became an owner. They couldn't pay him his salary so they gave him shares of the ownership.

I'm sure he made much more money as a player than an owner.

Olympic Champ

It doesn't matter. The player would be a fruit picker in America if not for a country like Russia that spent its resources training him.

America is so worried about countries building walls and preventing people from leaving. IF AMERICA COMPENSATED THOSE COUNTRIES WELL ENOUGH NOBODY WOULD STOP THEM.

How many illegal immigrants are playing in the NHL?
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Olympic Champ

When will America compensate Russia for all the skilled and educated immigrants it got? Russia educated them all for free.

That is the main problem. America wants other countries to educate people and then they can come and work in America. That is what freedom in America all about.

If I wanted to leave America I would still have to pay my college loans in America.

Anyway... Malkin almost scored in the OT, and made a play on the game tying goal in the game going on right now. Doesn't look like he's trying to lose; he's just sucking right now for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    NHL should be re-named to IHL and countries should profit from it according to how well the players from those countries play. Then I would agree to Russian hockey players playing in America.

It should be no different than any other commodity traded on the market.

So, the citizens of Russia are the property of the state? Kinda like slaves then, who can be bought, sold and traded like a cow or a donkey?