Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If National champions go to Olympics.....

Default Re: If National champions go to Olympics.....

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    I am not nervous about Russia's chances. Most people know Russians have a better system. Doesn't mean they don't want Americans to do well.
    I didn't ask if you were nervous about Russia's chances. I asked if, when Russia and the US face off in a match, who do you WANT to win, regardless of who you think will win? Or are you just a bandwagon jumper who will cheer on the winner?

Olympic Champ

True, I want Russians to win Gold over Americans but Americans are my second team to root for.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Americans are my second team to root for.
    You root for the US to lose.
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

Olympic Champ

You really hurt my feelings......

My religion doesn't believe in feelings.
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

Big,

I know it seems as if I've responded to a few of your threads negatively lately, and this may be contrued as a nother one.

However, It does appear that Champ has a point. You do often come across as rooting against the US. Not that you come right out and say that US wrestlers should lose, but your overall tone is that you hope that We don't exhibit much success.

I'm interested to know the reason for this. There isn't one person here(thewrestlingtalk.com) who knows anything about international wrestling that doesn't concede that the Russians are better. It appears, at least to me, that despite the fact that people tend to agree with you on this subject, that you still choose incite people about it and be EXTREMELY critical of USA Wrestling.

Please explain, if not I understand, and if you wish, feel free to do it in private, I'll keep your secret.

Olympic Champ

Americans have many wrong understandings about wrestling as far as wrestlers themselves and also many fans. As far as training, wrestlers' support by the country, respect for the throws, full year training and so on.

I simply respect those countries that understand "the right" approach and disrespect those countries that don't

Its tough to explain but when Americans lose I often see exactly these mistakes and it makes me mad. At the same time if they win and wrestle well I might change my thinking and accept an American approach as well. So far I haven't seen much winning as of late.
    Last edited by Big; 04-27-2008 at 08:40 PM.

i root for whoever i like more as a wrestler, regardless of the country

When the Olympics come round I ALWAYS want the American wrestler to win.
    "I hated every minute of training, but I said, Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." - Muhammed Ali