Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Early look at next years line-up.

Default Re: Early look at next years line-up.

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    I am not going to try to compare the two teams because I think they are vastly different but I remember doing something similar for the Gophers last year and, well, it didn't turn out as planned.

Ness Top 3
    Reiter Top 8
    Rivera Top 8
    Dustin Schlatter Top 3
    C.P. Schlatter Top 5
    Glasser/Safratowich NCAA Qualifiers
    Dretsh Top 8
    Kish Top 3
    Malamura/Bronson NCAA Qualifier
    Nord/Malamura NCAA Qualifier
    GP, If those were you honest predictons at the end of last year, you would qualify as the most pessimistic Minny fan on this board. Knowing the enthusiasm most fans had at the end of last season, many would have called those worst case possible scenarios.

How do you figure. I really didn't give anyone a higher NCAA finish then they had had before but I wasn't going to assume anything. Those predictions would have put them right there with Iowa.

Many weren't giving Reiter a chance to AA going in to the year and no one could just assume that Dretsch and Rivera were going to AA after having never done it before.

I don't think those were off from my predictions but I will go back and research and see if I can find it.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

How do you figure. I really didn't give anyone a higher NCAA finish then they had had before but I wasn't going to assume anything. Those predictions would have put them right there with Iowa.

Many weren't giving Reiter a chance to All American going in to the year and no one could just assume that Dretsch and Rivera were going to All American after having never done it before.

I don't think those were off from my predictions but I will go back and research and see if I can find it.
    My point exactly, most fans believe their guys are going improve every year so I agree that your predictions were very reasonable. In the aftermath of a championship most fans are not being reasonable in their predictions.

Iowa's depth at the 1st 3 weights is unreal...

That will be great at Open Tournaments for them.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

I also like Minnesota at their first four weights...Sanders, Ness, Thorn, DS...not much depth though. Any one of those guys goes down, its a pretty short bench.

That will be great at Open Tournaments for them.

It will also be great if someone gets hurt ala the Minnesota Golden Gophers of 07/08.

My first post and I got to Zing a goph. Feels good.

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    It will also be great if someone gets hurt ala the Minnesota Golden Gophers of 07/08.

Zinging with hoping for an injury and ripping on those who went through some massive pain this year? Shouldn't feel good.

World Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestater View Post
    Zinging with hoping for an injury and ripping on those who went through some massive pain this year? Shouldn't feel good.
    Hoping for injuries is pretty sick, but I didn't hear the "hoping" part. I read "if," and it's not really that much of a zing. All teams, including Iowa, are only an injury or two away from disaster.

Kish and DS deserve much credit for fighting on through great pain this year.