Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Communism?

Default Re: Communism?

Quote Originally Posted by fanforlife View Post
    I wish everything could be a large partnership and that everyone would just get along. Our sport needs people to unite in order to make it stronger. It is absurd that people are focusing on something like this when we should be trying to fight to save endangered and dropped programs while continuing to let our sport grow.
    All together now: "We are the world... We are the children...."

Wow, I just can't fathom Kenny Rogers, Bruce Springsteen and Hall and Oates from Hall and Oates in the same room together.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Yes, I know I have an unrealistic view... oh well.
    Champions are made while no one is watching.

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

i like your view
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

cause you know me....this whole thread kinda makes me laugh

Neither martin or JB are any kind of celebrity (except in their own minds). This controversy over an award from an association the majority of us are not even aware of is stupid. Alot of time, the parties involved don't realize that we, the fans, think about this crap for about 3....maybe 4 seconds......before moving on to other parts of our lives.

I say, Martin needs to shut up and enjoy what he does for a living. Intermat and Flo should find some collaborative endeavors because what they could produce in a synergetic aspect would be cool.

Cause in the end.....we, the fans, don't care about your NWMA plaque. We care about good results, interesting features, engaging interviews and CONTENT.

THE END.
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

Thanks Grips! Hey you joining us for Martini's tonight... be at Rosa Rosa around 5:15

PS I think my view can be obtained... when I take over the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsnhips View Post
    cause you know me....this whole thread kinda makes me laugh

Neither martin or JB are any kind of celebrity (except in their own minds). This controversy over an award from an association the majority of us are not even aware of is stupid. Alot of time, the parties involved don't realize that we, the fans, think about this crap for about 3....maybe 4 seconds......before moving on to other parts of our lives.

I say, Martin needs to shut up and enjoy what he does for a living. Intermat and Flo should find some collaborative endeavors because what they could produce in a synergetic aspect would be cool.

Cause in the end.....we, the fans, don't care about your NWMA plaque. We care about good results, interesting features, engaging interviews and CONTENT.

THE END.

Kudos. I couldn't have said it better myself.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

Grips I completely agree with you, it is about the quality of the information that is being put out get a long and make it better for the fans. I know this is not truly about the award, but I digress.

Some basic comments:

> The basic issues of who controls an athletic event and its coverage are contentious issues in sports beyond amateur wrestling. There was a detailed article in the Cincinnati Enquirer a couple days ago, coinciding with Opening Day of the Cincinnati Reds, discussing how Major League Baseball and its individual teams are trying to maintain control over coverage of their games -- who can take photos and/or video of the games, what kinds of blogs are "legal" (how often the blogger can update -- every pitch? Every half-inning? Every inning?), etc.

Once upon a time, The Media was an easily identifible, relatively small group: major newspapers, broadcast TV and radio stations. Now there are myriad websites and blogs... which is great for us fans (providing us with more coverage, more points of view... but more media means less control for those who put on sporting events -- MLB, NCAA, etc.

> We may remember a few years ago when a website "got in trouble" at the NCAA Division I Wrestling Championships for posting "play by play" results as they were happening.

> At the 2008 NCAAs, members of the media were asked not to disclose that the University of Iowa had clinched the team title because it would have a negative impact on Saturday TV viewership and ticket sales.

> The Internet has opened up incredible opportunities for all of us to follow the sport... and for some of us to write about it, too, for websites. On the negative side, the Internet has opened the door to some websites/blogs using copywrited materials without acknowledgement, permission and/or compensation, as if everything is open to everyone free of charge. A few weeks ago I was stunned to read a book about a historical event in wrestling that basically used a RevRewind article of mine as its template, incorporating large sections of the article text in the book.

Hopefully serving up some food for thought,
    Mark