Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures of your wrestling shoes collections...

Default Re: Pictures of your shoe collections...

Quote Originally Posted by GopherfanbackinMN View Post

I think these are shoes the 1992 Olympic Team wore. Never owned a pair.

Default Re: Pictures of your wrestling shoes collections...

Quote Originally Posted by quick_single View Post
    ca. 1985/6

ca. 1990

And Quick Single wins the award for the coolest set of shoes so far! Those red ones brought me back man!

I took some pics of mine and will post tomorrow. I have one pair of Adidas that is rather "unique" in terms of usage....think wrestling vs. Judo.

A note to Champ Kind...the pair you had your senior year (Adidas) were the same ones I got a while back in black with white stripes and red trim. I got rid of them quick and wish I had gotten the ones you did. Nicely played sir!

were those red adidas that champ posted europa blitzes? a kid on my team got a pair real cheap offa ebay late last year.

anyone have pictures of the black widows?

p.s. i got my pursuit IIs in the mail the other day, and i must say im absolutely loving them. they are so comfy. ill try to put up some pics.

This may or may not work, so bear with me:

The first pic is of my high school pair (Blue Adidas) that were old school even in the mid 90's when I was a senior. The red Asics I bought on Ebay last year for coaching/nostalgia purposes.

The other photo is of some Adidas Martial Arts shoes I got for $15.00 on Ebay and use from time to time. The black Nike's are newly purchased and are basically to save wear and tear on my red Asics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrestling shoes 002.JPG 
Views:	630 
Size:	530.5 KB 
ID:	44   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrestling shoes 003.JPG 
Views:	360 
Size:	639.3 KB 
ID:	45  

Gopher I just bought the same exact Adidas from a woman on eBay brand new, out of the box. Should be getting them tonight.

I had the same pair in HS which I traded with a Japanese guy for a unique pair of Asics (pics to come - but they are midnight blue and fluorescent yellow old school split soles. Never seen them anywhere else). In retrospect the Adidas were cooler and I regretted it. Now I'm getting a brand new pair!
    Last edited by quick_single; 04-02-2008 at 03:28 PM.

So when can we expect a headgear thread?

BTW, I never wore headgear in all my high school and college wrestling. It became mandatory later on - and I only have a slight bit of cauliflower.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Quote Originally Posted by quick_single View Post
    Gopher I just bought the same exact Adidas from a woman on eBay brand new, out of the box. Should be getting them tonight.

I had the same pair in HS which I traded with a Japanese guy for a unique pair of Asics (pics to come - but they are midnight blue and fluorescent yellow old school split soles. Never seen them anywhere else). In retrospect the Adidas were cooler and I regretted it. Now I'm getting a brand new pair!
    I saw those on Adidas on eBay and was disappointed to see there were none in my size, but I am keeping my eye open. Of course, in the pre-internet days it was tougher to find unique shoes but if you did you didn't have as many people trying to buy them. I found those in a small ad in USA Wrestling mag or the Guillotine here in MN, I can't remember. Got a pair for myself and my little bro. Besides eBay, are there any other websites with unique or vintage shoes? I have been on a couple UK websites that have older Adidas's or new styles not available in the US.

I am still hoping to find a pair of the Asics Purple Lytes (with the green split-soles). Loved those shoes! Looking forward to the picture of those blue and yellow ones Quick Single.

Ah! She had a pair of size 6 listed so I ordered them anyway figuring if they are too small, I'll just hold on to them as a keepsake. So when I ordered them I called her up and asked if she had a 6.5 by any chance and she said she had several pairs in different sizes (including the 6.5 I needed) that were in the back of her sister's warehouse and was looking to get rid of them. Maybe you can contact her directly via eBay and ask her if she has your size. i only asked if she had a 7 just in case the 6.5s were too small and she said she did. I seem to be a 6.5 in Adidas and a 7 in Asics but wasn't sure how the old school sizes ran.

I used to own a pair of Purple Lyes but can't seem to find them. I may have gotten rid of them in college.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherfanbackinMN View Post
    This may or may not work, so bear with me:

The first pic is of my high school pair (Blue Adidas) that were old school even in the mid 90's when I was a senior. The red Asics I bought on Ebay last year for coaching/nostalgia purposes.

The other photo is of some Adidas Martial Arts shoes I got for $15.00 on Ebay and use from time to time. The black Nike's are newly purchased and are basically to save wear and tear on my red Asics.
    I've been looking for those Adidas forever! I wanted them in HS. I seem to have it in my head that they were '92 Olympic issue. Russia, maybe?