Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone pick Jordan Leen to win???????

Default Re: Did anyone pick Jordan Leen to win???????

Leen has been injured for over a year. He was finally healthy. He beat GG last year. Announcer said GG had fast shots. I thought JL was fast as hell out there. The weird thing about Leen was how comfortable and in control he looked. As much as they were upsets, he looked like the more dominant wreslter. Not sure what that means long term but at least he has that in his hat.

BTW, I think Leen had a break in the season so did Lewnes. Grey did not. Wreslted darn near 50 matches. Seems like a lot for a Freshman. I'd rather seem them pace him out better. He looked flat the last two weeks of the season.

Redshirt

Quote Originally Posted by HatchetJack View Post
    Leen has been injured for over a year. He was finally healthy. He beat GG last year. Announcer said GG had fast shots. I thought JL was fast as hell out there. The weird thing about Leen was how comfortable and in control he looked. As much as they were upsets, he looked like the more dominant wreslter. Not sure what that means long term but at least he has that in his hat.

BTW, I think Leen had a break in the season so did Lewnes. Grey did not. Wreslted darn near 50 matches. Seems like a lot for a Freshman. I'd rather seem them pace him out better. He looked flat the last two weeks of the season.
    Grey was another kid I picked to win it. I was really upset with the way his NCAA tournament turned out. He really impressed me at the Southern Scuffle. I believe he will win at least 2 titles before he graduates though.

Oh no...I got Rick rolled....AGAIN!

No i've never heard of him only till he beat GG

Well Nationals Turned Out Good.

I am a Cornell fan and even I never thought he would win. I hoped he could but never really believed it. I would have bet Grey and Lewnes had a better shot. I think there were a few factors playing in to the win:

1) Rob Koll got Jordan to peek at the right time. That is probably Rob Koll's greatest skill as a coach, getting his wrestlers to perform their best on the biggest stages.

2) The CU staff worked out excellent match plans and Leen executed them to perfection. It seemed like they knew exactly how Jordan could use his strengths to exploit his opponents and then he executed.

3) Confidence is key. I think once he knocked off Gregor he began to believe and like he said, wrestling is such a mental game.

I am going to enjoy watching him try to defend his title next year. I wouldn't expect an undefeated run to a 2nd title but now that he knows what it takes and knows he has it next year will be fun.

I had him beating GG in my brackets, mostly because he's always wrestled him tough. I always liked him but I honestly didn't think he would be able to beat Poeta. Great job by Leen, what a monster tournament...

Quote Originally Posted by chrir33 View Post
    Man he deserved it....Gillespie he basically dominated, then beat Poeta!!!!! He wrestled excellent, and his comments afterwards were very humble.

His reshots, top riding, defense, and overall strength was very impressive...well deserved.
    To me he was the most physically impressive wrestler in the finals. He looked like a man wrestling a boy.
    Last edited by kenramseysr; 03-28-2008 at 07:15 PM. Reason: verbage

I did not pick him only because of his finals result at EIWA.
    See you in St. Louis!