Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 21

Thread: Billy Murphy? iowa

  1. #10
    World Champ
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,657

    Default Re: Billy Murphy? iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by bluestater View Post
    I hear that there is a great college just south of Iowa City in a town named Columbia, Mo...
    There's a few great colleges south of Iowa City, but there's only one Iowa City.

  2. #11

    Default Re: Billy Murphy? iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by jroback View Post
    Does anyone know what's going on with TH Leet (the 5th of the VT5)? He graduated from my kids' school, so I've been interested in following his college career but have not heard much about him.
    TH is doing OK at Iowa unfortunately he has been stuck behind some guys. He has an outside shot at the line-up at 157 or 165. He didn't have that great of a year wrestling unattached. He has some work to do to crack the line-up.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011




  3. #12

    Default Re: Billy Murphy? iowa

    I heard Metcalf was going to 157 next year and Matt Ballweg will step in at 149. Probably just a rumor.
    A straw man argument is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position. A straw man argument can be a successful rhetorical technique (that is, it may succeed in persuading people) but it carries little or no real evidential weight, because the opponent's actual argument has not been refuted.

  4. #13

    Default Re: Billy Murphy? iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by mmiille View Post
    I heard Metcalf was going to 157 next year and Matt Ballweg will step in at 149. Probably just a rumor.
    Not likely. Metcalf wrestles internationally at 145.5 and will be doing that this summer. M* will be at 165 probably with Ballweg/Anson or Koopsa at 157
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011




  5. #14

    Default Re: Billy Murphy? iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltz View Post
    TH is doing OK at Iowa unfortunately he has been stuck behind some guys. He has an outside shot at the line-up at 157 or 165. He didn't have that great of a year wrestling unattached. He has some work to do to crack the line-up.
    Thanks. JR

  6. #15
    Redshirt
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Blacksburg, Virginia
    Posts
    32

    Default Re: Billy Murphy? iowa

    Hope he gets things worked out and gets back on the mat. He is one of those kids I really didn't want to transfer from VT when that whole fiasco was going on. I wish Leet would have stuck around as well as I think he would have it well into our lineup.

  7. #16

    Default Re: Billy Murphy? iowa

    Does Montell Marion have a shot at getting in the lineup at Iowa in the near future at 133?

  8. #17
    World Champ
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,657

    Default Re: Billy Murphy? iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by Spladle U View Post
    Does Montell Marion have a shot at getting in the lineup at Iowa in the near future at 133?
    He said in an interview that he's improving a lot, but it will be a very tough lineup to crack. Others are improving too, and the Iowa wrestling room is an intense place these days. With various injuries and varying degrees of summer improvement, next season's wrestle-offs could be very interesting.

    Others know better than I do, but I would guess that Marion would have a better shot than one of the incoming freshmen. It's a huge step from high school to college wrestling.

  9. #18
    Related To Gage Trusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,420

    Default Re: Billy Murphy? iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by kurtwestling View Post
    one of the wrestlers who transferred from VT to iowa with brands but he was kicked off. does anyone kno wat hes up to?
    He wasn't from VT. One of Brand's 1st to sign at Iowa, last year as a RS.
    He's also been fighting in local MMA events without taking $$$, so that may tell you that he has plans to return.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •