Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Billy Murphy? iowa

World Champ

Default Re: Billy Murphy? iowa

Quote Originally Posted by bluestater View Post
    I hear that there is a great college just south of Iowa City in a town named Columbia, Mo...
    There's a few great colleges south of Iowa City, but there's only one Iowa City.

Quote Originally Posted by jroback View Post
    Does anyone know what's going on with TH Leet (the 5th of the VT5)? He graduated from my kids' school, so I've been interested in following his college career but have not heard much about him.
    TH is doing OK at Iowa unfortunately he has been stuck behind some guys. He has an outside shot at the line-up at 157 or 165. He didn't have that great of a year wrestling unattached. He has some work to do to crack the line-up.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011

I heard Metcalf was going to 157 next year and Matt Ballweg will step in at 149. Probably just a rumor.
    A straw man argument is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position. A straw man argument can be a successful rhetorical technique (that is, it may succeed in persuading people) but it carries little or no real evidential weight, because the opponent's actual argument has not been refuted.

Quote Originally Posted by mmiille View Post
    I heard Metcalf was going to 157 next year and Matt Ballweg will step in at 149. Probably just a rumor.
    Not likely. Metcalf wrestles internationally at 145.5 and will be doing that this summer. M* will be at 165 probably with Ballweg/Anson or Koopsa at 157
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011

Quote Originally Posted by Wiltz View Post
    TH is doing OK at Iowa unfortunately he has been stuck behind some guys. He has an outside shot at the line-up at 157 or 165. He didn't have that great of a year wrestling unattached. He has some work to do to crack the line-up.
    Thanks. JR

Redshirt

Hope he gets things worked out and gets back on the mat. He is one of those kids I really didn't want to transfer from VT when that whole fiasco was going on. I wish Leet would have stuck around as well as I think he would have it well into our lineup.

Does Montell Marion have a shot at getting in the lineup at Iowa in the near future at 133?

World Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Spladle U View Post
    Does Montell Marion have a shot at getting in the lineup at Iowa in the near future at 133?
    He said in an interview that he's improving a lot, but it will be a very tough lineup to crack. Others are improving too, and the Iowa wrestling room is an intense place these days. With various injuries and varying degrees of summer improvement, next season's wrestle-offs could be very interesting.

Others know better than I do, but I would guess that Marion would have a better shot than one of the incoming freshmen. It's a huge step from high school to college wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by kurtwestling View Post
    one of the wrestlers who transferred from VT to iowa with brands but he was kicked off. does anyone kno wat hes up to?
    He wasn't from VT. One of Brand's 1st to sign at Iowa, last year as a RS.
    He's also been fighting in local MMA events without taking $$$, so that may tell you that he has plans to return.