Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What did you think of Fox and Bergman?

Redshirt

Default Re: What did you think of Fox and Bergman?

I felt as if Fox stalled the entire match.

Quote Originally Posted by jbresette View Post
    I felt as if Fox stalled the entire match.
    He finally started moving in the SV.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    He heard the buffet was closing in 15 minutes!
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

Redshirt

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post

Yes, but I can't believe he didn't get warned 1 single time. I felt the same way in his semi-final match against Gritter.

Yep.... all he does in win.

Oh, and he once pinned Rowlands - while he was in high school - at an OSU wrestling camp.

You can defend Fox or Bergman all that you want but Fox really did nothing to prove that he should have been the champ and all Bergman did all season was to gain weight so that in the end, he could completely emulate Fox's style so they could push each other around the mat for seven (nine minutes).

I agree with Bluestater that I just wanted the match to end. I had guests over watching that match and it was embarrassing as they knew nothing about the match but wondered how these two guys could actually be on scholarships for their ability and one of them said that they thought they could actually take either one of them.

Of course I knew it was B.S. but to an outsiders perspective, I could see their point. No stalling calls in that match was ridiculous.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

There seems to be a real trend towards conservative, defensive wrestling emerging over the last few years and the Refs aren't really doing anything to change that. I can understand their hesitancy to insert themselves into the outcome of a match too much but stalling is in the rules and needs to be called rather than as a simple warning in the last 15 seconds. Maybe establishing an informal guideline for how many times you can back out of the 10ft or how long you can stand on the edge without circling in similar to the informal rules governing dropping to a leg or standing behind a guy on top.

All that said, I think with Iowa's resurgence we are going to see aggressive, offensive wrestling come back in style as people work to keep up with the Hawkeyes.

Banned

ooo goferphan . . . you so silly! it's obvious you haven't watched any of bergman's matches all season except for this one. he sets the pace for every match he wrestles. also, with his record and the number of pins he's gotten this season (and his career) your comment about 'all he's done' this season is incorrect and rude. i'm a big cole konrad fan myself, so don't think that i'm knocking him in any way, but it's the nature of the weight class to wrestle at a slower pace ~ konrad certainly wasn't speedy gonzalez; no heavyweight ever will be (you can't knock other hwts when your own idol doesn't live up to your expectations). both fox and bergman are stellar wrestlers, but there is no way in hell that bigfatfox deserved to win that match and i'm not completely sold on him beating gritter; i saw most of that match and it looked to me like bubba out-wrestled him the entire time. for me it seems that the bottom line is this:

fox is the 'underdog'. he's weird; he's unattractive; he's enormously fat; he has to wear purple all the time . . . everyone roots for the underdog. on top of that, he's a giant person and i've been told by many refs that they are hesitant to call stalling on overly obese wrestlers because they don't feel that it's 'fair'. i don't understand that logic at all ~ if you can't keep the pace, then don't do the sport, ya know?

i don't know. i think the whole thing is completely messed up and i feel for bergman; i really do. he got screwed.

I wanted Bergman this time around and I thought he was going to do it....I give credit to Fox's quick reshot on Bergman, for a big guy he is fast. I'm sure all the head gear, taping time outs etc did help him - it looked like Bergman wanted to keep the match going...great match....