Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 37 to 45 of 47

Thread: Photos from NCAAs.

  1. #37

    Default Re: Photos from NCAAs.

    Parade of All-Americans / Crowd and Fan photos / Award Podium photos are now up...

    There were some interesting fans in the crowd, including the guys with "Ness" painted on their chests and the guys with the "Perry Blows... Kisses" signs!
    Last edited by DH; 03-23-2008 at 10:15 PM.

  2. #38

    Default Re: Photos from NCAAs.

    Quote Originally Posted by DH View Post
    Parade of All-Americans / Crowd and Fan photos / Award Podium photos are now up...

    There were some interesting fans in the crowd, including the guys with "Ness" painted on their chests and the guys with the "Perry Blows... Kisses" signs!
    Caught Danielle working hard.
    See you in St. Louis!

  3. #39

    Default Re: Photos from NCAAs.

    Quote Originally Posted by DH View Post
    I am more than one woman?
    Great photo's DH, the one of JP with the blood coming down his face is classic. It was nice meeting you at Carmine's.
    Last edited by JPOConnorFan; 03-24-2008 at 12:33 AM.
    See you in St. Louis!

  4. #40

    Default Re: Photos from NCAAs.

    Quote Originally Posted by JPOConnorFan View Post
    Great photo's DH, the one of JP with the blood coming down his face is classic. It was nice meeting you at Carmine's.
    It was a pleasure to meet you as well! I got your PM, I will reply with the photo advice soon. I just shot over 4800 frames and I want to get these edited posted asap and then I have to catch up on all the emails people sent me all week... but I promise I will get back to you soon.

    For everyone else, the full gallery of photos from the consolation semifinals and medal matches are currently uploading to www.amateurwrestlingphotos.com if you wanna check them out.

  5. #41
    Ancient Arachnid Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    5,424

    Default Re: Photos from NCAAs.

    Quote Originally Posted by DH View Post
    It was a pleasure to meet you as well! I got your PM, I will reply with the photo advice soon. I just shot over 4800 frames and I want to get these edited posted asap and then I have to catch up on all the emails people sent me all week... but I promise I will get back to you soon.

    For everyone else, the full gallery of photos from the consolation semifinals and medal matches are currently uploading to www.amateurwrestlingphotos.com if you wanna check them out.
    Do you mean my PM, or did JPOConnorFan send you one, too? If you didn't get mine, let me know and I'll resend it, but there's no hurry for a reply.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

  6. #42

    Default Re: Photos from NCAAs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    Do you mean my PM, or did JPOConnorFan send you one, too? If you didn't get mine, let me know and I'll resend it, but there's no hurry for a reply.
    Wow, this is what happens when you don't sleep for nearly a week. Spider, I apologize for the confusion -- I guess I saw the photo that JPOConnor fan posted and for some reason associated him with photography inquiries when it was really you! I really need to sleep a lot this week to get my brain functional again.

    In any case, a quick reply to you and to anyone else who might want to know, here are a few tips to taking good wrestling photos with an SLR camera:

    1. You need to have a 2.8 lens to get really good quality images. I use the Canon 70-200mm 2.8 but I know Nikon makes a comparable lens. Yes, these lenses are around $1,300 but it's worth it if you don't have one and want to take good photos. (As JPOConnorFan's picture illustrates, all of the photographers pretty much have the same lens!)

    2. Use a flash. Most wrestling arenas are poorly lit and it really helps.

    3. In terms of camera settings, I shoot at 800 ISO on shutter priority (tv) and make sure your shutter speed is over 250. If the pics are coming out too dark, try bumping the ISO up. I don't know if the camera you have has the in between settings -- if so, try 1000 or 1200, if not bump it up to 1600 but the pics might be slightly grainy.
    Last edited by DH; 03-24-2008 at 07:10 AM.

  7. #43
    Ancient Arachnid Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    5,424

    Default Re: Photos from NCAAs.

    Advice is much appreciated. Thanks!
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

  8. #44

    Default Re: Photos from NCAAs.

    Quote Originally Posted by DH View Post
    Wow, this is what happens when you don't sleep for nearly a week. Spider, I apologize for the confusion -- I guess I saw the photo that JPOConnor fan posted and for some reason associated him with photography inquiries when it was really you! I really need to sleep a lot this week to get my brain functional again.

    In any case, a quick reply to you and to anyone else who might want to know, here are a few tips to taking good wrestling photos with an SLR camera:

    1. You need to have a 2.8 lens to get really good quality images. I use the Canon 70-200mm 2.8 but I know Nikon makes a comparable lens. Yes, these lenses are around $1,300 but it's worth it if you don't have one and want to take good photos. (As JPOConnorFan's picture illustrates, all of the photographers pretty much have the same lens!)

    2. Use a flash. Most wrestling arenas are poorly lit and it really helps.

    3. In terms of camera settings, I shoot at 800 ISO on shutter priority (tv) and make sure your shutter speed is over 250. If the pics are coming out too dark, try bumping the ISO up. I don't know if the camera you have has the in between settings -- if so, try 1000 or 1200, if not bump it up to 1600 but the pics might be slightly grainy.
    Thanks for the great advice DH. I would like to be down on the floor next year or in Omaha, and have a lot to learn before then.
    See you in St. Louis!

  9. #45

    Default Re: Photos from NCAAs.

    the sequence of Brands and Schwab during the Slaton-Gomez match is hilarious!!!
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

    "Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •