Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 NCAA Wrestling Championships: Tournament Brackets/Results/Seedings/Discussion

Default Re: 2008 NCAA Wrestling Championships: Tournament Brackets/Results/Seedings/Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by bluestater View Post
    By the way, I have a friend who fills out a hoops bracket every year according to which mascot would win in a fight. I'm pretty confident in my Tigers' ability.
    I dunno. I wouldn't feel so confident if I were a tiger facing a Trojan, or a dude with a sledge hammer and a train.

Default Re: 2008 NCAA Wrestling Championships: Tournament Brackets/Results/Seedings/Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by OGGoldy View Post
    I dunno. I wouldn't feel so confident if I were a tiger facing a Trojan, or a dude with a sledge hammer and a train.
    Bring it. We'll eat your face off. Now a cyclone might make me worry, but a Cowboy, a Sooner, a cornhusker! Done and done. And the boilermaker is stuck on a train track. All the tiger has to do is get out of the way.

TAR.....HEELS..... TAR..... HEELS........

Come on, you have to give me a break here. They can't do anything on the mat so I have to count on the bball team to give me something to cheer about this time of year.
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

Quote Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
    TAR.....HEELS..... TAR..... HEELS........

Come on, you have to give me a break here. They can't do anything on the mat so I have to count on the bball team to give me something to cheer about this time of year.

Were you around when "Jaws" was kicking a*s as a heel?

A wolverine is a bada$$--they are reputed to fight off bears. On the other hand, a gopher (even a golden one), not so much.

Too bad UC Santa Cruz doesn't have a team ...

"The Banana Slugs"

Or Pittsburg (Kan.) State ... the Gorrillas.

And I'm pretty good at the College Mascot thing ... now you've given me something to do in the next 29 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by bluestater View Post
    By the way, I have a friend who fills out a hoops bracket every year according to which mascot would win in a fight. I'm pretty confident in my Tigers' ability.
    I have a friend that does the same, but uses the logic that the supernatural trumps the natural world, so he usually has the Duke Blue Devils winning it all.

Bears (2)
    Brown, Northern Colorado

Bison (2)
    North Dakota State, Bucknell

Cowboys (2)
    Oklahoma State, Wyoming

Eagles (2)
    American, Eastern Michigan

Fighting Something (2)
    Edinboro (Scots), Illinois (Illini)

Golden Something (3)
    Clarion (Eagles), Kent State (Flashes), Minnesota (Gophers)

Huskies (2)
    Bloomsburg, Northern Illinois

Mountaineers (2)
    Appalachian State, West Virginia

Panthers (2)
    Northern Iowa, Pittsburgh

Spartans (2)
    Michigan State, UNC Greensboro

Quote Originally Posted by Trusty View Post
    Were you around when "Jaws" was kicking a*s as a heel?
    Yeah, I've been around Carolina wrestling since 1979-ish. I was in college the same time as TJ.

Your post threw me for a minute though... I was like.... we haven't had any basketball layers named "jaws"
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference