Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Corey Jantzen: The next 4x champ?

Has Nickerson even won A title yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    I don't see him winning it four times if he goes to Harvard. I think it is a task to simply improve there- let alone improve quickly enough to win it as a true freshman.
    Just wondering why you feel as though it's difficult to improve at Harvard. The assistant coaching staff would help CJ a lot -- his brother is there to push him as well as Olympic silver medalist Jamill Kelly.

I think that the new coaching staff helped a lot of Harvard guys improve this past season quite a bit -- Max Meltzer finally got over the hump and AAed, JP O'Connor AAed at a stacked weight as a true freshman, and Caputo AAed as well. This season was the first time in history that Harvard ever had 3 AAs, so the bar is set high for next year.

Not saying that Corey will jump in and be a 4 timer, but I think it's unfair to say that it's hard to improve there.

Will Corey even enroll at Harvard now that Jamil Kelly and his brother are leaving?

Quote Originally Posted by DH View Post
    Just wondering why you feel as though it's difficult to improve at Harvard. The assistant coaching staff would help CJ a lot -- his brother is there to push him as well as Olympic silver medalist Jamill Kelly.

I think that the new coaching staff helped a lot of Harvard guys improve this past season quite a bit -- Max Meltzer finally got over the hump and AAed, JP O'Connor AAed at a stacked weight as a true freshman, and Caputo AAed as well. This season was the first time in history that Harvard ever had 3 AAs, so the bar is set high for next year.

Not saying that Corey will jump in and be a 4 timer, but I think it's unfair to say that it's hard to improve there.
    I definitely was not saying that it was impossible to become a multiple time AA at Harvard, his older brother proved that it was. I wrote that I thought it was a task to simply improve there; which it is/has to be. The academics there make the sport that much harder.

Lets put it this way to remove any negative references that could be assumed by my post... I feel that at a University which is more focused on winning national titles, than on an athletes academic standing would be more suited for a wrestler to win multiple national titles.

Even if he doesn't win 4 titles, if he does as well academically as Jesse did, I don't think his life after wrestling will be very bad.. lol

Olympic Champ

How well did Jesse do academically?

How will their lineup look? I hear Robbie Preston is supposed to be back for the second semester. I couldn't imagine that both him and Jantzen would be at 133 with one of them sitting, which one goes up to 141?

Big, if he got into Harvard, he's brilliant. He graduated so he's even more brilliant. My theory is that wrestlers as a group are smart, motivated college students. They are not in college to work into a professional career like BB players or FB players. They are the ultimate student/ athletes. As great wrestler that BAskren is, I for one am just as impressed that he's an academic AA .......as is C.P. Schlatter.
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.

Olympic Champ

Quote Originally Posted by TLV View Post
    Big, if he got into Harvard, he's brilliant. He graduated so he's even more brilliant. My theory is that wrestlers as a group are smart, motivated college students. They are not in college to work into a professional career like BB players or FB players. They are the ultimate student/ athletes. As great wrestler that BAskren is, I for one am just as impressed that he's an academic AA .......as is C.P. Schlatter.
    More so than not, unfortunately very little of this means anything in the real world.

Men

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Has Nickerson even won A title yet?
    Jantzen will not even win the e.i.w.a.s if tnick is @ 133, which it looks like he will be.{ just beat him @132 freestyle}