Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Affliction needs to step up

Default Re: Affliction needs to step up

They don't want him to fight Barnett because Barnett has a chance to win and he is their money ticket that keeps the org some what afloat. If Fedor were to lose, the UFC would be all over it and tell everyone how they were smart not to have signed him , he is not that great, bla bla bla. BUT if Fedor continues to win, people will continue to question why the UFC does not make better efforts to sign him.
    If MOnson is fighting Fedor, I feel for him because I can't see him winning-I can see him avoiding a submission, but not the strikes.

I think Arlovski was a more dangerous opponent and more likely to beat Fedor than Barnett.

Its more of Barnetts decision not to fight Fedor since they are such great friends.

Affliction is the worst run most directionless company. Might as well fold now and send the talent over to strikeforce.

Quote Originally Posted by Greco-ZAG View Post
    They don't want him to fight Barnett because Barnett has a chance to win and he is their money ticket that keeps the org some what afloat. If Fedor were to lose, the UFC would be all over it and tell everyone how they were smart not to have signed him , he is not that great, bla bla bla. BUT if Fedor continues to win, people will continue to question why the UFC does not make better efforts to sign him.
    If MOnson is fighting Fedor, I feel for him because I can't see him winning-I can see him avoiding a submission, but not the strikes.
    Come on, everyone loses - you don't think Dana would put Fedor down if he loses, right?
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    I think Arlovski was a more dangerous opponent and more likely to beat Fedor than Barnett.

Its more of Barnetts decision not to fight Fedor since they are such great friends.

Affliction is the worst run most directionless company. Might as well fold now and send the talent over to strikeforce.
    I think Arlovski had (and still has) the best chance of winning. But Barnett has a better chance to go the distance with him and lose a respectible decision.

I don't think they are that great friends that they would hold off on fighting. Barnett isn't the #1 guy and Dana hates him, so he can't back out if that fight is offered.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

They always mention how good of friends they are and how they would prefer not to fight.

This fight was rumored for the next card but the word is that barnett did not want the fight.

They always mention how good of friends they are and how they would prefer not to fight.

This fight was rumored for the next card but the word is that barnett did not want the fight.
    Then they changed their tune recently because Josh used to want to fight him.

If they don't want to fight now, that's a big blow. Plus better friends have fought (doubt their friendship is much more than being mutually respectful to one another)

Excuse me, but wasn't the original plan for Arlovski to duke it out with Barnett, so that the winner would fight Fedor. Obviously, they changed plans, but I am certain that Barnett was disappointed because he wanted the next shot at Fedor. Other than Arlovski, who else can Barnett or Arlovski fight that has any significance? Kimbo? lol

Here is an article where Barnett declined to fight Fedor in January.

http://www.fightline.com/news/2008/1...t_351437.shtml

Somewhere along the way Barnett changed his mind about fighting Fedor.

Here is an article where Barnett declined to fight Fedor in January.

http://www.fightline.com/news/2008/1...t_351437.shtml

Somewhere along the way Barnett changed his mind about fighting Fedor.
    Thanks for the article Pjers. It sounds like Barnett wanted more cash to get his ass kicked by Fedor.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com