Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Perry hot to hit the mat

World Champ

Default Re: Perry hot to hit the mat

Perry is unpredictable, but this is his time of year. I'd feel a bit more assured if he had a tune-up match against Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by grapplefan View Post
    Perry is unpredictable, but this is his time of year. I'd feel a bit more assured if he had a tune-up match against Illinois.
    No doubt. Who is he likely to be paired up against 1st round at Big 10s?
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

and him beating hendricks last year was a great match! I love watching that match knowing he never beat hendricks, and to watch perry get back points, and how happy he was after the match was awesome. It was hard not to be happy for him, even if you hate iowa wrestling, which I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgermaine View Post
    I wouldn't have predicted him to be on top of it last year, but it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by ISU2008 View Post
    No doubt. Who is he likely to be paired up against 1st round at Big 10s?
    No one he wont pin or major, he's going to be the #1 seed since he's already beaten tannenbaum.

I really dont think there is anyone good enough at 165 in the b10 to keep perry from the finals, its a weight dominated by the b12 this year it seems like. Im about 90% confident we'll see a perry vs tannenbaum rematch come b10 finals

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    He had some questionable losses before the injury...I sense defeat.
    What was questionable about them? Not trying to be a jerk. I really want to know.

I think he was referring to the loses to Diffenbach and Brown. Questionable in the fact he should beat those guys easily.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

Quote Originally Posted by angelfish View Post
    What was questionable about them? Not trying to be a jerk. I really want to know.
    Exactly, Dieffenbach and Brown.

Wasn't Brown's a major?

I would not have made the comment if I didn't believe it. Trying to watch Mack wrestle back on that bad knee last year was almost painful to watch.

We'll see. Notice I said top of the podium at NCAA's, not Big Tens.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

World Champ

Perry had some questionable losses last year, too. But this is his time of year. He is very good at peaking when it counts. The knee surgery is a new factor, however. A Tannenbaum match will tell us a lot about Perry's recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Exactly, Dieffenbach and Brown.

Wasn't Brown's a major?

I would not have made the comment if I didn't believe it. Trying to watch Mack wrestle back on that bad knee last year was almost painful to watch.

We'll see. Notice I said top of the podium at NCAA's, not Big Tens.
    Well, I assumed you were talking about Brown and Dieffenbach since those are his ONLY losses this year. I didn't see the Brown match so can't say anything about that. But at the Oklahoma State dual there was definitely something wrong with Perry that night (general consensus was cutting too much weight). I can't imagine he'll have that problem again. (Although he might have other problems -- conditioning, "rust" or whatever.) Again, I wasn't trying to argue, just trying to understand. Thanks, guys.