Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why is wrestling the best sport

Default Re: Why is wrestling the best sport

What other sport not only gives all the life skills you need to be successful, but allows you the opportunity to share those same skills with others.
    Oregon Wrestling Forum www.theowf.net/the_owf

Don't you know who I am? I'm the JUGGERNAUT BIATCH!!

very well said everyone, for me its all of the above..
    not only is it just up to you alone in the mat, but i love training and pushing my self till the point where i can't go any further but i can, when im in match and i get pushed i remember those practice and tell my self i had worse and keep pusshing my opponent..

as a coach i love when i push my kids till the can't go any more eventhough they complain in practice they always come back and thank me after a match and tell me coach " you were right" that is the best feeling in the world to have one of my kids come out and say i would have not done it with out you coach, and when you see them succed in life after wrestling because you helped them get there, that is what wrestling is all about... I LOVE THIS SPORT, NOTHING COMES CLOSE TO IT. my opinion

I like the single competitive aspect and that you can watch yourself improve with some hard work and you can continue to improve and keep improving no matter how long you have been wrestling.

This is why.
    “Once you've wrestled, everything else in life is easy.” Gable
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

i like the fact that no matter how much i know, theres always more to learn. and no matter how much better i get, theres always someone better to push me and keep me going. ive truly fallen in love with this sport and i think its safe to say its not a sport to me anymore... its my lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by gjfovf View Post
    This is why.
    ?Once you've wrestled, everything else in life is easy.? Gable
    Very true. I remember the days of my youth when I worked unloading trucks for UPS. I could unload trucks faster than anyone there. One day, my boss asked me how I could work so fast(4 hr days), I said "This is pretty easy." He replied, "easy?" I then said, "This is no more difficult than a wrestling practice, so this is actually pretty easy."
    Oregon Wrestling Forum www.theowf.net/the_owf

Don't you know who I am? I'm the JUGGERNAUT BIATCH!!

Olympic Champ

Because you can't fake it.

Reason #1: Because you never find more inspiring stories in other sports. With People like Anthony Robles, Kyle Maynard, and Dustin Carter can succeed at the highest levels of college and high school wrestling.

Reason #2: It is the BEST base for Mixed Martial Arts, teaches people how to defend themselves, etc.

Reason #3: Wrestling is one of the only sports that helps you perform better in other sports such as Football, Lacrosse, Rugby, etc.

Reason #4: No other sport has existed as long or has the amount of history that wrestling does. Some of the first records of wrestling are in the Iliad and the Odyssey, Gilgamesh, the bible and other ancient texts.

Reason #5: Wrestling is one of the only sports that is an individual sport as well as a team sport.

Reason #6: Wrestling is the most demanding sport in the world, especially at the college level where wrestlers practice up to 6 hours a day, cut to make weight, and focus on their sport 24/7.

Reason #7: Wrestling is like a chess match where the winner out thinks there opponents, putting together a game plan that beats the other opponent's technique, strength and heart.

Reason #8: Wrestling is a complex and very technical sport that consists of thousands of set ups, take downs, finishes, rides, breakdowns, pinning combinations, escapes, tips and tricks that take a life time to learn and master.

Reason #9: Wrestling is intuitive with many little kids, and have rules that people easily understand.

Reason #10: Wrestling has weight classes that make it possible for anybody to get involved no matter their size, race, age, weight or gender.

[QUOTE=PitaD;421706]
    Reason #9: Wrestling is intuitive with many little kids, and have rules that people easily understand.

QUOTE]
    You haven't watched much freestyle lately, have you?

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.