Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Would the Gerald Harris blog...

Default Re: Would the Gerald Harris blog...

Pretty sure Schlottke could set an RSS feed up from his site to here. He's the tech guru though so you'd probably do better to hear it from him.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Pretty sure Schlottke could set an RSS feed up from his site to here. He's the tech guru though so you'd probably do better to hear it from him.

I don't think I could start the blog up again. I can actually recall everything from my career, but it wouldn't be the same? I'm not putting in a promo for my site, but there is a weaker version on there - My blog was like a hairy man diary (gotta keep my rep up - no girly stuff over here) and it documented my progress as a fighter. Daniel H actually found it a long time ago and sent me the files and we put it back together. Let me see if I can find it again.

If I can find it, then it's on - if not the Ftm.com for deleting it. Excuse my language.
    geraldhurricaneharris.com

"Oh no he di' int!"

I FOUND IT!!!!!

but it's all jacked up - I did find my first post with the date time and information. It also has a few pictures and replies from posters at that other site.

It will honestly take me about a week to re-do it, because I have to rewrite the entire thing along with photos and also update it to now from April 2007. Damn

Someone please tell me how to set this up on the site?

If it's too overwhelming to put it back together and then update it from April 2007 to now, how about at least start from this point on? Then you could go back in and fix up the older posts as you get a chance.

As to setting it up here, you could probably send the old files you have to Schlottke and he could get it started, like as a thread in this section, then he'd sticky it to the top and every time you wanted to update it, you'd just add a new post (much like how you had it on the "other" site)
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneHarris View Post
    "Oh no he di' int!"

I FOUND IT!!!!!

but it's all jacked up - I did find my first post with the date time and information. It also has a few pictures and replies from posters at that other site.

It will honestly take me about a week to re-do it, because I have to rewrite the entire thing along with photos and also update it to now from April 2007. Damn

Someone please tell me how to set this up on the site?
    Send me the file in an email and Ill take a look at it to see if there is a way to make it easier on you. (schlottkeATgmail.com)

Schlottke - I think I still have all the old files from themat.com that I found. If I do, I'll email it to you.

Gerald - what I meant was for your current blog, so that any time you post on www.geraldhurricaneharris.com it automatically gets posted here, or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by DH View Post
    Schlottke - I think I still have all the old files from themat.com that I found. If I do, I'll email it to you.

Gerald - what I meant was for your current blog, so that any time you post on www.geraldhurricaneharris.com it automatically gets posted here, or vice versa.
    I would like to update it with the old information. I have the files, but do I start a blog in the forums? I don't like the blog section, because I think the forum is more personal and allows me to interact more with people.

If I can do it in the forums, I would be easier to repost it - instead of blog post and comments - it would be more like a conversation.

Gerald If you want to do it in the forums that's cool. We will just sticky it at the top.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

Lets get this going.!