Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Asics wrestling shoes

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

Default Re: Asics wrestling shoes

Quote Originally Posted by randypl21 View Post
    the new caels are awesome... until you put them on your foot you'll have no idea... but the colors this year.. as far as caels... are great... navy old gold and white, black/sperpent, I guess the could do without the ISU colors but what are you going to do not give the man his colors in his own shoe... but I do agree that I would like to see some of the old styles come back as well.. Gables with the boot... or the Internationals Black and Silver or Red and blue... Grips I have no idea which Lytes your talking about but I never want to see a team wearing pink shoes... renagades wear those shoes.

These shoes were worn by all the best. They were all black with a pink stripe.....all blue with a pink stripe....and all green witha yellow stripe.....they were very popular in the early 90's and can't be found anywhere. The first international lytes.
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    Exactly. I had the original pair of Dan Gables, then got a pair of the Gable ultraflex, the coolest looking shoe of all time, although probably the least durable. I refused to get rid of them, literally had to sew all the tears up after a while.
    I'm with you on the Gable ultraflex. A bunch of us had tape holding the sole on the shoe and hand stitched stuff all over. Once I bought my first pair, I could never wear anything else.

asics seem to me like they are producing shoes just to do it, nothin agianst them...some of thier shoes are real nice but im just more of an adidas guy it seems like adidas produces more popular modles

Quote Originally Posted by therick View Post
    I'm with you on the Gable ultraflex. A bunch of us had tape holding the sole on the shoe and hand stitched stuff all over. Once I bought my first pair, I could never wear anything else.
    old blue gables are by far the best shoe ever, only thing close is by Adidas and I think you all know of which I speak C/S

What're the new Asics the guys are wearing now, with the tread that wraps around the side of the shoe (on the side of the big toe)? Those things look like half wrestling shoe, half truck tire. I think Metcalf wears them, I think I saw Gilespie with them too.

I saw a pair of Blue International lytes on Ebay... size 13.5 though.

the shoes look like 3 cans of paint and some scrap metal had sex

I think that Asics wrestling shoes - my future shoes

I've been looking online for a place to buy the Pursuit 2's and i cant find anywhere to buy them. Can someone help me out.