Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thom Ortiz Out at ASU

Default Re: Thom Ortiz Out at ASU

Would Simpson come back as an assistant with everything he has on his plate right now? Heard nothing but good things about him...

Mayor of Bringsburg homerdindon's Avatar

He would come back if they could somehow work it out to where he could be an assistant and still do the MMA thing.
    "Now class, I'd like for you to transition from downward dog....straight to FULL BRING!!!"

It will be Charles. Steiners weren't even finalists last time and won't be this time either.

If not Charles and Jackson is eligible, then it will be Jackson. I don't think an Iowa guy will even have a remote shot at it.

Unfortunately Massengill is right, an Iowa guy won't get it even though it would be the best thing for the program.
    "Now class, I'd like for you to transition from downward dog....straight to FULL BRING!!!"

Homer who would be on your list?
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

Steiners would be at the top, but there's no way that'll happen. Simpson would be second, but pretty much no chance that will happen. Of the other people mentioned, I know Zeke and Shawn, have never met Jackson. They all have their pros and cons obviously. Since neither of my top picks will get the job, I'm in the "anyone will be better than Ortiz" camp. If I had to pick, I'd pick Shawn Sharles, I guess.

You don't have to be an Iowa boy to build a top program. Check out Brian Smith, Mark Manning, Tom Borelli, etc., etc. Where is the Cornell coach from?

Rob koll wrestled at North Carolina his dad was a long time coach at psu
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton