Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How pathetic does Bush look now?

Default Re: How pathetic does Bush look now?

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    That sounds a little like Themat.com, deleting posts for reasons unexplained.
    Not at all. Only the poster is owed an explanation, which themat.com never offers. If he (or she) feels that he's been treated unfairly, I'm quite sure the administrators will address his concerns and make a public explanation if the poster so desires.

I almost never venture "over there" because I greatly resent the way we were treated and their lack of respect for us, but this forum is very responsive to our requests and questions and gives us a lot of latitude in what's acceptable. There's no comparison (and you can say "Zadick" instead of Za****).
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

There is absolutely no comparison between the two. Shane and Jacob are doing a great job. Just look at all the cool features on here. They are serving wrestling's and our best interests. No egos here.

Olympic Champ

Agree with Spider and QS. How pathetic does the other site look now?

I'm not saying that the two sites are equivalent, I'm only saying that if the mods are going to edit postings, then they should just attach a note stating why. If I'm the only one who objects to it, then I'll have to somehow learn to move on, and try to live a normal life.

Olympic Champ

Ugly (moderator) gave you the answer as to why (something inappropriate). I think Big gave us a clue as to what. I'm not sure what else you're looking for.

(smiles) at least it wasn't me changing post titles to the wrong name again...
    Last edited by Schlottke; 01-17-2008 at 02:34 PM.

Or me deleting posts, and then forgetting about doing it, and not responding later while turmoil arises in the thread...
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

My point is simply that the only person that needs to know of a post being moderated in the author if the post. The change I made had no affect on the point Big was trying to make it just made it a little more PC. It makes no sense for me or any of the administrators/ moderators to give full disclosure to everyone if we are trying to avoid a certain situation. Also to be fair other than some pm's asking people to think about what was said this is the first post I have physically moderated.

Dude, you don't seem to be worried, but even if you for some reason are, don't be.

From what I can gather what Big had posted in the original post was inappropriate, and you did well do edit it.

Thats why I brought more moderators on than just me.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12