Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: McCain: I know how to fight

Olympic Champ

Maybe it wasn't so bad after all there then? If they really tortured him, he would go, trust me. They kept him alive because his father was an Admiral. I doubt thousands of others were so lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Maybe it wasn't so bad after all there then? If they really tortured him, he would go, trust me. They kept him alive because his father was an Admiral. I doubt thousands of others were so lucky.
    Well this baseless bit of stupidity, backed up by absolutely NOTHING in terms of fact convinced me...

Olympic Champ

When the North Vietnamese discovered his father was the Commander-in-Chief, Pacific Command, (CINCPAC), commander of all U.S. forces in Vietnam, he was offered a chance to return home. McCain turned down the offer of repatriation.[12]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCain

Clearly his aspirations would be ruined in US if everyone found out he chose to return home from Vietnam ahead of everyone else just for being a privileged son.

Olympic Champ

Of course, clearly McCain is a man of stronger than average moral character.

However, still, someone who was shot down should not claim he knows how to fight. Maybe he knows how to survive in prison but that would not do any good in Iraq.

Olympic Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    I could live just fine in North Korea or Iran if I had to although it would be tough to accept praying in Iran 5 times per day. I would probably be much leaner in North Korea too.
    That's funny, Big. Are Russians known for their sense of humor or is it just you? I know the Czechs are renowned for a certain kind of humor.

Olympic Champ

Big, stop trying to Swift Boat McCain. Leave that to his political opponents. You should not criticize him for his service.

Olympic Champ

matclone,

I have my moments. Russians do have a specific type of sense of humor as a whole but you have to look person by person at it.

What bothers me is that McCain is riding that Vietnam wave and everyone is afraid to question what it is he had actually done. It is a taboo subject to question these things. And BELIEVE ME McCain's campaign managers know about it.

McCain needs to come up with something concrete rather than keep riding a 30 year old prison wave.

You have no idea what he's done, shut the hell up. You're the same idiot that asserted just that he wasn't mistreated in captivity.

He had flown 23 missions before he was shot down. He certainly wasn't just propping his feet up on his carrier and then one day on a whim decided to go for a fly.

Hell, I don't even like McCain that much, I think he's egotistical and will change his tune to anything to buy a vote, but this is just ridiculous.

The guy as Ugly pointed out, has done FOR more than you could ever hope to achieve. Were there better pilots than him? Without a doubt. Were there men who were tougher in captivity than he was? Without a doubt, look no further than James Stockdale, or Rocky Versace. But never the less, he was there, and he experienced it. To claim he shouldn't talk about the things he has done is idiotic.

Olympic Champ

What specifically is he saying about his Vietnam service that he should not? He's not going around saying "I'm a hero, na, na, na na" is he?

I see no reason whatsoever to question his service. Same with Kerry. They put in their time, and left honorably. If you want to get into every little dot and tiddle of their career then you're opening a can of worms, and by implication questioning everyone who served.