Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 54552535455

Thread: 2008 Cliff Keen National Duals Predictions/Results/Discussion

Default Re: 2008 Cliff Keen National Duals Predictions/Results/Discussion

I gotta ask why they put all the matches on the one side when they could have moved things around so I didn't have to sit with all the Iowa fans. They could have spread it out so I could get closer to the matches I wanted to see. They could have rearranged the mats so you could see them from both sides for the finals. I'm sure it was for the TV fans. It made the place look full. It also made it real hard to get to the restrooms and concession stands. And some fun loving person pulled the fire alarm. It would have been an exciting deal if it was real and all the people are left with the option of trying to get out of two exits.
    A straw man argument is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position. A straw man argument can be a successful rhetorical technique (that is, it may succeed in persuading people) but it carries little or no real evidential weight, because the opponent's actual argument has not been refuted.

Quote Originally Posted by dthomas View Post
    Nebraska got it handed to them in the finals. Wonder if they really believed they could beat Iowa. After Donahoe got beat I think it was over.

They seemed to do fine in the Semi's when Donahoe lost!

Michigan didn't mean Minnesota, they beat Minnesota JV. Mellmer is no DS, Larson is no Glasser and Sitch is no Kish.

Gofer, give us a break. Every team is dinged up, whether the guys are in the lineup or not. As Trusty said, Michigan matches up pretty well with the starters as well.

When the Minny guys lost in the all-star meet, the excuses ran the gamut from sucking too much weight to just not wrestling "like themselves". Then we heard that the season doesn't matter, all that matters is the NCAA tournament.

It sounds like the REAL Minnesota would never lose a match, it's only the dinged-up, early season, unfocused, etc... Minnesota that ever loses.

It's cool to love the gophers, but damn.

We don't like to wrestle at the UNI Dome because of a chill in the air?
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

By the way, one of my favorite blogs that has never, ever covered wrestling covered the National Duals because one of the bloggers is an Iowa fan.

http://ladiesdotdotdot.wordpress.com...#comment-35144

So what if we win a few fans because they think Mark Perry is hot? I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by bluestater View Post
    By the way, one of my favorite blogs that has never, ever covered wrestling covered the National Duals because one of the bloggers is an Iowa fan.

http://ladiesdotdotdot.wordpress.com...#comment-35144

So what if we win a few fans because they think Mark Perry is hot? I'll take it.
    is she not paying attention to the coaches?? HELLO.
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

I know, right! Even if you find my boyfriend Mike Zadick a bit, um, unique in his looks, Schwab is a bona fide hottie. And really, of all people, Perry? I think he looks sorta elfin. Of course, I heart Zadick and Jens Pulver, so I shouldn't talk.

Yeah. They did do okay against Minn after Donohoe but they had some fire to them. They just didn't seem to have that fire they had the first three duals. I really think they were a little imtimidated by Iowa. Kudos to Iowa. They were intense and had a mission. Going to be an interesting March. One of those fun years where there's a lot of possibilities for a team champ.