Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: It is very difficult right now with all the Jesus talk

Default Was Christ Born on Christmas... read and learn

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Next thing Berean will tell us Dec 25th is definitely the day Christ was born.
    http://gnmagazine.org/issues/gn43/bornchristmas.htm and some additional for the Mr. "Big"...http://gnmagazine.org/issues/gn31/christmas.htm

Olympic Champ

Default Re: It is very difficult right now with all the Jesus talk

Aha, so now that we know Jesus Christ has nothing to do with Dec 25th we can easily see how Christians have exploited Jesus during a holiday for shopping purposes and boosting sales. Have you no shame?

It's not just Christians who own stores that people are shopping at. Good try though.
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Aha, so now that we know Jesus Christ has nothing to do with Dec 25th we can easily see how Christians have exploited Jesus during a holiday for shopping purposes and boosting sales. Have you no shame?
    You are accepting double time pay today for working a holiday that you neither believe in or support. Is this not exploitation at the micro level on your part? Have you no shame?

Merry Christmas Big. Enjoy the gift of double time.

Olympic Champ

Quote Originally Posted by hardcore View Post
    You are accepting double time pay today for working a holiday that you neither believe in or support. Is this not exploitation at the micro level on your part? Have you no shame?

Thanks but I don't see the reason to call it "Christmas". Merry Materialism or consumerism, seems more appropriate.

Big I read it already. But I didn't see that as anything more than neglect from the individual. While most people are paying their own dental either in cash or in company benefits, it did say that 4 dentists accepted medicaid. It sounded like they qualified for it. Sure they may have to travel to get it, but that should be a priority if they are losing their teeth.

My point was that I find it more important to have exceptional medical attention available when its really needed rather than mediocre medical attention available to all. Look at Canada. They have private care popping up all over when its already free. Those private facilities offer superior care. And its illegal to do so in Canada, ( I have no idea why if their doctors are licensed). But the Canadiens are fighting for it right now.

My wife grew up in communist Poland. She tells me lots of good and bad about medical attention there. So I am comparing what was available before to what is now.

Overall, when you balance everything, I would bet there are a larger percent of people living prosperously here in the US compared to communist nations (currently China & Cuba). And I do believe in the psychology of working harder when you know you get rewarded for it. Look at our auto companies. They are getting outhustled by non union workers overseas. A fact that unions do not promote better quality. But its your right to disagree. But I would also bet you are more in the minority.

My points about Jesus was for you not to get offended by people talking about him if you have nothing vested into religion to begin with. He is considered a historical figure, even if you do not agree. And as far as I know, Noah is not considered in history books.

Olympic Champ

Every capitalist invention for so called "good living" has a negative impact as well. You have plenty of food and obesity appears with further diseases. You have lots of cars and pollution appears and lots of energy is wasted. You let the market decide and certain professions get srcrewed out of just compensation. We have engineers that make things and design things get peanuts as opposed to people that shuffle the money around.

Capitalism has been in full swing since WWII or some 50-60 years. Its a drop in the bucket when you look at history and I can tell you it will destroy itself eventually and it has done a ton of damage already. Most of the wars since WWII were caused by capitalists as well.
    Last edited by Big; 12-25-2007 at 12:16 PM.

Big, I respect your view. I guess the bigger argument here is your view on captialism. Thats fine. The damage that bigger inventions do are more due to the individual.

We put warning labels on gravy that it may burn if you do not let it cool out of the microwave, for Christ (historical figure ) sake. But idiots still burn themselves and blame everyone but themselves for it. You can't protect stupidity. We do not need the government to make decisions for us, unless totally necessary (such as FDA and toys being tested for lead). We should all be free thinking enough to know and learn what is good for us.

Overall I believe inventions are a positive. I don't care that someone else gets rich. That is just a bad business person on the inventors end. I am sure they screw themselves the 1st time, but they learn later to take a bigger part of those profits the next time. It inspires people to dream and work hard to be the next great inventor. What we consider poor today is middle class 50 years ago imo.

If we divided our country in half, with one half communist, and the other half capitalist, I will bet the communist part in time would look like Amish country compared to the capitalist side. I am exaggerrating of course, and there is nothing wrong with Amish life in my view. But I am just making a point about progress. Now whether there is more happiness on the communist side than there is on the capitalist side is purely speculative. But I myself would rather try and fail in a capitalist environment than to just go with the flow in a communist country. I would feel less in charge of my own destiny, therefore less like an individual.

I enjoy talking about these things as they are truly speculative ideas. But all the evidence I have ever seen really adds up to capitalism being the way to live. The rich deserve to be rich, and the poor have opportunity. (I am sure you'll quote me on that).

Olympic Champ

Quote Originally Posted by hardcore View Post

I am not a Christian so I don't mind exploiting the double pay. I am looking to go straight to hell after this life.