The best undergraduate wrestler in the nation may very well be Tervel Dlagnev. He is the only one ranked top five in the US Open rankings:
120 KG/264.5 LBS.
1. Tommy Rowlands, Columbus, Ohio (Sunkist Kids)
2. Steve Mocco, N. Bergen, N.J. (New York AC)
3. Pat Cummins, Blacksburg, Va. (New York AC)
4. Tervel Dlagnev, Arlington, Texas (Loper WC)
5. Les Sigman, Omaha, Neb. (Sunkist Kids)
6. Cole Konrad, Freedom, Wis. (Minnesota Storm)
7. Tolly Thompson, Cedar Falls, Iowa (Sunkist Kids)
8. Mike Faust, Coralville, Iowa (Gator WC)
9. Michael Irving, Colorado Springs, Colo. (Gator WC)
10. John Laboranti, Scranton, Pa. (Penn State WC)
Also, for you Gopher fans he won Sunkist placing ahead of the invincible Cole Konrad. I know its freestyle, but I do not think there is any other undergraduate who is a legitimate top five in the US wrestler.
1 GYRO per take down = 2 GYROs please, extra sause for the riding time.
I'm with ya Gopher - I'm a Hawkeye but I would have to agree that DC will not beat DS. I don't like the way DS wrestles but he is as solid as they come. This would probably be as exciting a match as you will see DS wrestle but I don't see DC having his way at all. I would say something like 7-4 DS wins. To answer the ound for pound question, I like Metcalf & DS. Anticipation for this match is KILLING me.