Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Big and Others.... on Amazing Grace

Olympic Champ

Default Re: Big and Others.... on Amazing Grace

Spaniards were also Chrstians. But slavery today in America is mainly an issue with respect to blacks in America. Christians started that.

Slavery in America was actually started by the Indians, "Native Americans." It existed here long before the arrival of any white man.
    The Virtual Pew
    Hollywood Jesus
    Personal Web Page
    MySpace Page
    Church Web Page

---------------------------

A certain amount of opposition is of great help to a man. Kites rise against, not with the wind. ~ John Neal

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    So you are saying you support slavery, are against animal rights, opposed to workers unions and those types of things?

Lets see, Christians promoted slavery and invented slavery in this country. Christians always preached animals are for human enjoyment and at human disposal. Workers' unions used to be Christians' biggest enemy during Tzar and King era. Just because Christians changed their ways doesn't mean they didn't cause these problems to begin with.
    LOL at "invented slavery in this country". How do you "invent" something that already exists? Only Big.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Quote Originally Posted by furches View Post
    Slavery in America was actually started by the Indians, "Native Americans." It existed here long before the arrival of any white man.
    Furches, have you seen any movies documenting Catholic priests and the molestation epidemic and cover up perpetrated by the Catholic Church?

Maybe after you watch Amazing Grace you might want to start a thread on Deliver Us From Evil. Would that fit into your religious dogma agenda?

Alright, so slavery is a universal theme, even in Christianity. So that leaves us with the question, what is so special about Christianity then? Clearly it promoted slavery in it's developmental stages, not so much now.
    (Although some of the Bible literalists might think otherwise). I don't know, or rather care.
    If someone wouldn't mind, what the hell is this movie about? I doubt I'll ever get around to watching it, maybe I'll search it online to read a review.
    Last edited by VonVesthell; 02-11-2008 at 02:35 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Password View Post
    I am an idiot and have been banned from this group.
    "Religious Dogma" For those who know me on this board, and in real life, there must be a chuckle or two. Tell you what, start a thread on the issue, I think sexual abuse by anyone is appalling, think they should be locked up. But what the hell do I know? I don't know you obviously know nothing about me to make such a stupid comment. Do a google, read some of my stuff and writings, then come back telling me I haven't addressed sexual preditors, whether with the church or not.

By the way, can youi give this Indian a clue as to what you quoting me on the subject of my people having slavery in this country has anything to do with your post?
    Last edited by furches; 02-12-2008 at 03:26 PM.
    The Virtual Pew
    Hollywood Jesus
    Personal Web Page
    MySpace Page
    Church Web Page

A certain amount of opposition is of great help to a man. Kites rise against, not with the wind. ~ John Neal

Quote Originally Posted by furches View Post
    "Religious Dogma" For those who know me on this board, and in real life, there must be a chuckle or two. Tell you what, start a thread on the issue, I think sexual abuse by anyone is appalling, think they should be locked up. But what the hell do I know? I don't know you obviously know nothing about me to make such a stupid comment. Do a google, read some of my stuff and writings, then come back telling me I haven't addressed sexual preditors, whether with the church or not.

By the way, can youi give this Indian a clue as to what you quoting me on the subject of my people having slavery in this country has anything to do with your post?
    He would have had a better argument if he attacked your sentence structure and grammar, as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by VonVesthell View Post
    He would have had a better argument if he attacked your sentence structure and grammar, as far as I can tell.
    Yea, I would have been okay with that.
    The Virtual Pew
    Hollywood Jesus
    Personal Web Page
    MySpace Page
    Church Web Page

Quote Originally Posted by VonVesthell View Post
    Hopefully better for you.

"Religious Dogma" For those who know me on this board, and in real life, there must be a chuckle or two. Tell you what, start a thread on the issue; I think sexual abuse by anyone is appalling, think they should be locked up. But what the world do I know? You obviously know nothing about me to make such a stupid comment. Do a Google, read some of my stuff and writings, then come back telling me I haven't addressed sexual predators, whether with the church or not.

By the way, can you give this Indian a clue as to what you quoting me on the subject of my people having slavery in this country have anything to do with your post?
    Last edited by furches; 02-20-2008 at 11:28 PM.
    The Virtual Pew
    Hollywood Jesus
    Personal Web Page
    MySpace Page
    Church Web Page