Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy League Discussion: 11/30-12/6

Default Re: Fantasy League Discussion: 11/30-12/6

Actually made a slight error in my points 88 points with Hluschak with 1 dual and Matt Kyler Army with 2 duals left.

He specializes in picking guys that DON'T win tournaments...winning tournaments just gives you less matches and tougher opponents...
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

That is correct, I know...from experience
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Wow honestly thats not even that strong of a team, no offense haha, you seem to be doing alright for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    He specializes in picking guys that DON'T win tournaments...winning tournaments just gives you less matches and tougher opponents...
    Not exactly true I picked guys who show guys the lights!

That's right my guys pin to win. Humphrey 2 pins, a Tech, a major and two decisions. Gardner two pins, Palmer one and Zamir two pins.

Every single guy got a pin.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011

Pins are huge, Jones just got three in his first competition, he's probably the second leading scorer on my team!
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

so are Medical Defaults since there were a lot of guys that got dings and then walked out of the tournament...don't tell me that guys didn't pick up gift points when Donahoe stopped wrestling and Dlagnev stopped wrestling. Those would have been 0's for their guys and most likely dumped them down or out of the tournament and instead they get 6 and advance...its okay, its just something to keep in mind for next year.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

I think placement should count for points... I have two 1st place guys and pucillo will probably win at 184, but they probably scored less then the guys who took 5th or 7th.

I think Jensens will work something out on this next year but in a way, it mirrors Fantasy Football...your stat guys aren't always your Super Bowl contenders...

I knew ahead of time I needed to look for guys that didn't get hurt, guys that wrestle a lot of matches and guys that pinned but those guys were going pretty fast. A guy like Herbst is a stud in this league and yet hasn't made the podium yet.

Look at a guy like Caldwell? Although he is looking good now to compete for AA at 149, regardless, he's racking up some nice points. I will even go so far as to say that Bergman will most likely get me some solid points when duals get going but in a tourney like this, its about survival as you advance...

All in all, I am having a blast just tracking results, pulling for different wrestlers and watching guys like myself cry like a baby when things don't go my way.