Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101718192021 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Cliff Keen Las Vegas Invitational Picks Pool/Results Thread

Default Re: 2007 Cliff Keen Las Vegas Invitational Picks Pool/Results Thread

Poeta Won!

pucillo looked to be the better but todd was better conditioned, todd stacked pucillo for a neutral fall in ot, very exciting matchpucillo would have won that except for some lapses in concentration

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Despite the fact that he's 1-2 against him so far, I still think if CP wrestles his match theres no way Poeta can beat him.

It'll definitely be a fun one though.

I'll sig you on this match. Poeta goes undefeated this season.
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

i will take that bet...you are saying Poeta goes undefeated?
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

I'm betting that Poeta beats Schlatter for a sig in the dual.

I'd also be willing to last man stand against a wrestler of your choice (even Schlatter).

I'm down for Poeta v. CP whenever it occurs. CP is better on the mat, and when he wrestles his match on the feet, Poeta can't score on him.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

Ok. Jensen....first time CP and Poeta meet....sig bet.

Gofer....if you want the last man standing with a wrestler of your choice....lemme know.

Just got done watching the 149, and 157 finals videos.

Caldwell and O'Connor both have gotten bigger, Caldwell obviously from moving up, and O'Connor looks like he's filled out a little bit more too.

O'Connor's takedown that he did get in the third is something that is going to be important when it comes to beating Caldwell I think, he got it just as Caldwell had gotten to his feet and spun away for an escape, he immediately banged him with a single for the TD.

Getting points off transitions is going to be huge for guys wrestling Caldwell since wrestling people straight up, chances are he's a way better athlete than you are. Caldwell is going to be a really tough out for anyone.

Poeta and Gillespie had an exciting little battle like I'm sure all were assuming that they would have.

Gillespie now knows like most 157's do that you can't half ass fake shots on Poeta from the outside, because if you do he's going to bang you with a reshot and get a TD. Thats what happened during the first TD, Gillespie faked from too far out, and as he was coming back up Poeta banged him with his reshot double.

Gillespie put a good hard ride on him in the second period, kind of surprised that he didn't really try and work his rebar, may not have gotten the turn, but he uses it as an effective way of riding guys too.

Sick scramble between the two of them off a Gillespie shot in the third. Perhaps an even sicker one a few seconds after that, I personally think Gillespie should have had two. Flo dude's voice cracked when Poeta scrambled out for his own TD.

I think this match shows us that these two are about even on their feet with Poeta perhaps having a slight edge, Gillespie is better on the mat. Be really fun when these two meet up again.

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Basically all of us that did picks for this tournament sucked, badly. ISU won with 28 points and 5 champions, Eazee came in 2nd with 26 points and 4 champions.