Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Caldwell vs. Schlatter

Default Re: Caldwell vs. Schlatter

I will take 3:2 squeekers all year long against the likes of Churella...

If Caldwell comes after Dustin like Esposito did, look for a major for DS...
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

BTW, my new favorite wrestler is Darrion Caldwell so I say that with as much respect as possible...
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Olympic Champ

gofer, if I had posts to spare I would make a bet. Schlatter is going down.

Quote Originally Posted by sgallan View Post
    Bad style match-up for Caldwell. Schlatter doesn't put himself in that kind of jeopardy to get pinned like that. I could see that as a safe 4-0 type match.... over and over again.

Caldwell sure is fun to watch though!
    How do you know Mecalf put himself in jeopardy. Maybe Caldwell is just that good and forced Metcalf into a bad situation and got the fall. I don't see why he couldn't do that to Schlatter. Obviously this kid can hit a big move at anytime, see his match with Lang last year, so Schlatter will need his best defense to keep the score in that 3-2 range that he likes so much.

Don't be surprised if Caldwell baits Dustin into a more wide open match then what Dustin has wrestled for the last year. If Caldwell scores early on Dustin(easier said then done) we just might see a more offensively aggresive Dustin. Schlatter will want to give himself some breathing room and score some points to give himself that nice cushion to protect against a wild and woolly Caldwell throw. I don't see Caldwell letting this match turn into a stallfest. I think Darrion will push it one way or another and force some serious action. Dustin better be ready for anything! Caldwell has nothing to lose and is setting the crosshairs of his scope on Dustin as we post! LOL

Olympic Champ

bambam,

Nice to see you back from hibernation buddy. I think your avatar explains plenty what Caldwell hopes to do to Schlatter. LOL

With the pressure off of DS now, I don't see him having a problem opening things up with a guy who wants to "go"...he has his two losses and his third place finish so unless his TEAM needs him to get a decision, I don't see why he wouldn't go ahead and try to wrestle with Caldwell...Caldwell is going to look to lock up with Dustin but don't expect Dustin to just stand there while that happens...look for Dustin to attack his legs if the guy comes in looking for upper body...

if ANYONE wants to place a sig bet or a post bet on this, I have no problem with that...

if you are going to come with your big Caldwell talk, back it up with a bet should the match occur...

Hey Big, Glad to post with you again! How have you been? I'm sure Caldwell would love to launch Dustin but I don't think that will happen. I do see Darrion forcing the action and I hope to see Dustin open up and explode on Caldwell. Darrion is very skilled at defending his legs and many wrestlers have been turned quickly after attempting to shoot deep on him.

Goferphan, I would love to sig bet you on the potential Dustin-Darrion match! If it falls into place we will have a go at it. I will take the "New Jersey Assassin Darrion the Destroyer" Caldwell you take "Dustin The Serial Staller Schlatter"!

I imagine J Rob is well aware of Caldwell’s reputation and will make sure Schlatter is fully ready for him. We all know Schlatter is a well-disciplined ‘position’ style wrestler who I expect will respect Caldwell’s dangerous style by staying in a solid position of advantage only to explode with scoring counters. I don’t see Schlatter taking any risky chances and will be surprised with anything less than a major.

Caldwell reminds me a bit of Rob Rohn but only less consistent. He'll make a real believer out of me if he can force Schlatter out of his position and put him in danger, but I think Schlatter is just too smart, experienced, and skilled.

In any case, it will be an exciting match. And thank God for the season finally beginning and giving us something of substance to read and think about and to discuss.