Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP kr1963

Default Re: RIP kr1963

Fellow State High alum, PSU wrestling fan and friend; rest in peace Kurt, you will be missed.

Very sad to hear this. I have dedicated my life to fighting cancer and people like Kurt are what make it truly worth while. His spirit and his passion were nothing short of astounding. RIP KR, you'll be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by nlion91 View Post
    Fellow State High alum, PSU wrestling fan and friend; rest in peace Kurt, you will be missed.
    Ditto for me on all accounts. I joined this site a number of years ago and KR was one of the posters that I really enjoyed reading--for his passion for the sport, his knowledge, his willingness to take anyone else on (I was amused at a distance with his and Herkey's exchanges) and for his cheerful spirit in his long battle with cancer. It was great that someone on the PSU board last year catalyzed KR's being able to go to the NCAA's last year--with lots of fans chipping in. I know that meant a lot to KR and great that he was able to attend his last NCAA's that way. KR will be missed!!

Very sad news. I am glad that I got the chance to correspond with kr, along with a lot of other people on here. I'd like to think our little community gave him a place to escape for a little while. What a great spirit he had, and that will stay with me. Rest in Peace buddy

Like most of you, I got to know him on here. I was intrigued by his 1000th post dialogue. Sorry to see we lost another great guy from our site. I really thought he had this thing licked. Caught off guard by this news.

Wow. I haven't been here much this year since we took our league to another site. This is a real punch in the gut. Kr reached out to me over a year ago when I was battling cancer just to offer some encouraging words. I'm ashamed that I allowed so much time to pass without checking on him. What a class act. God bless him and his loved ones.

RIP Kurt. He fought the good fight. I think much can be learned from Kurt's fight.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar

RIP Kurt, hope you aren't beating up those Angels too bad on the mat
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

He went out roaring like a true Lion.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.