Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Sunday surprises!

Default Big Sunday surprises!

Wow--who would have thought that Michigan would be Minnesota and Pitt beating OSU? I believe it was 19-15 Michigan and 19-18 Pitt. Nelson loses his match with Coon 4-2 SV, giving Michigan the victory!

It's also interesting that none of the 7 defending NCAA champs is still undefeated. Taylor and Howe are the only previous NCAA champs still undefeated. Crazy season so far! Seems more so than usual.

Default Re: Big Sunday surprises!

Minnesota's disappointing performance at the Scuffle may not have been the "bad day" aberration we were all thinking it was. By Minnesota standards, they're really struggling this year.

A couple of of other upsets today: North Dakota State over Oregon State and Northern Iowa over Oklahoma. It's good to see a little more parity. The upset bug didn't get Penn State though as they handled Northwestern.

How about South Dakota State over Wyoming! That is an awesome performance by Bono's team!

That's a big time performance by SD State!
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I wonder if NDSU and SDSU have ever both had big wins like that on the same day before?

OSU and Minnesota are really struggling right now. I look at them as two teams that don't have super top end talent, so on any given day they can go out and over or under perform. A lot of guys that could AA but several that might not.

As a former Jackrabbit and avid follower of SDSU and other WWC team I am pumped about what is happening. SDSU knocking off Indiana and Wyoming in back to back years; NDSU getting some AA's and beating Boise State; UNI upsetting everyone. This is fantastic for the entire sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blue View Post
    As a former Jackrabbit and avid follower of SDSU and other WWC team I am pumped about what is happening. SDSU knocking off Indiana and Wyoming in back to back years; NDSU getting some AA's and beating Boise State; UNI upsetting everyone. This is fantastic for the entire sport.
    Elwood, UNI is no longer in the WWC. They are now in the MAC.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09