Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Iowa vs OSU Predictions

Default Re: Iowa vs OSU Predictions

I was surprised with Dieringer. He had a great ride going in the 2nd period, before DSJ's reversal. With RT on his side, he took neutral in the 3rd period and virtually made no shots (only a couple of partial attempts at the end). I know that DSJ has a tough defense, but down 2-1, I don't understand why he didn't open the throttle.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stplace View Post
    OSU had two takedowns the entire match
    Holy balls, is Smith still coaching this team?

Makes you wonder how Iowa would have done at the Scuffle. Could have potentially beat PSU....still don't see it happening in March though.

The thing people forget is that Mike Kelly and Sam Brooks were wrestling in that meet against Penn State. With Grothus and Burak in the lineup that meet becomes closer. Penn State is the clear favorite but the gap is smaller than what we saw in that dual meet

My brother and his three sons drove up from WI. They got there early just as Tom Brands arrived and he gave them all a tour of the wrestling room, weight room, etc. He said the wrestling atmosphere was amazing. My youngest nephew was wearing a Penn State jersey. After he was scowled at a few times he took it off! hehehehe Brand's told him nothing to be ashamed of there, they are the best right now. He's a classy guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Cutter View Post
    My brother and his three sons drove up from WI. They got there early just as Tom Brands arrived and he gave them all a tour of the wrestling room, weight room, etc. He said the wrestling atmosphere was amazing. My youngest nephew was wearing a Penn State jersey. After he was scowled at a few times he took it off! hehehehe Brand's told him nothing to be ashamed of there, they are the best right now. He's a classy guy!
    Cool story. Nice to see the other side of Tom Brands. Sometime when he's in coaching mode, he can be a little annoying. As a spectator, I prefer a more calm, cool and collected coaching style like Cael. Regardless, like you said, Tom Brands is a very classy and respectful guy and that is very good for wrestling.