Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Southern Scuffle Picks

Default Re: Southern Scuffle Picks

I think this is the article about Dean. Good read.

http://www.newyorkwrestlingnews.com/...rer_id=1024554

Quote Originally Posted by gobigred View Post
    I think this is the article about Dean. Good read.

http://www.newyorkwrestlingnews.com/...rer_id=1024554
    Wow, sounds like Dean has a lot of naturally ability with no where to go but up from here. It really impresses me anytime a "seasonal" high school wrestler can be so successful at the D1 level. Actually makes me feel a little jealous too.

Interesting that that article was written before his win over Ruth. He's going to be a good one! I do think Ruth will win again if they meet at the NCAA's.

National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar

Ruth was either extremely high or extremely sick

I still believe in the big ol lump
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

Great article. Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by FalconWrestlingKY View Post
    Ruth was either extremely high or extremely sick
    Not sure if you're being serious here or mimicking homers that always fall back on this type of excuse.

Looked like Dean just beat him. Ruth sleepwalks through his wins, and apparently through his losses as well. Looks bored winning and losing.

I agree. He just got beat by a guy who wasn't intimidated. Dean was pushing on his head right from the start. He went out there to win.

Ruth is without a doubt a champion and a stud but his style/attitude has more than a few people questioning his commitment to the "lifestyle". Myself, I think he is very good but let's be honest, he hasn't necessarily had to beat a who's who of wrestling in any of his years thus far and on the senior level he looks pretty outgunned technique-wise when he is up against men who are as strong as he is.

This Dean may turn out to be very good but it is hard for me to believe that a guy who is on the verge of being considered an all-time great would get broken like he did.

National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar

When I was watching that match my thoughts were same as yours, "this guy isn't scared of Ruth." Ruth has gotten used to just intimidating his way to wins. At the same time Ruth was wrestling maybe 60% of his full potential, personally I hate the excuse "I was hurt," or "I was sick" because I know I used that to dodge guys or explain a bad match, winners just win. I think a great part of that lack of effort was Ed Ruth's mentality, growing complacent since he is arguably the best college wrestler right now. Contrast that with Taylor who would rather die then not give 110%. I keep thinking back to Tony Dallago and his almost surfer type attitude towards wrestling he displayed in Takedowns and Falls, that is how I feel Ruth is.
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth