Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ohio St Penn St Predictions

Default Re: Ohio St Penn St Predictions

I'm pretty sure Retherford took neutral in the third this time and didn't get taken down. So neutral may not be a good choice for Logan either. I'm not sure what Stieber would take but I hope he doesn't become the next Molinaro by choosing down when he can't get up!

I didn't see the match but I have to think that Stieber just had a really bad night against a pretty decent kid. That said, he does seem to be prone to lapses occasionally, with some of his freestyle losses, which seem to be weight cut related. Or maybe this Retherford is just that good. But at any rate, I am willing to bet that the next time these two meet, Stieber is going to be very, very motivated to put a beatdown on this lad and send a message so that will be interesting to see.

In regards to Stieber's weight, maybe he's a really dense (muscular-wise) kid but he just doesn't seem that big to me so I am assuming that it isn't a huge, Jaggers-esque cut he's making. Yet for some reason people are starting to think that weight cuts are an issue for him. Anybody with the word on the street on this?

Anybody know where I can watch this match?

Well, if you come down to Maryland, I have it DVR'd!

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    I didn't see the match but I have to think that Stieber just had a really bad night against a pretty decent kid. That said, he does seem to be prone to lapses occasionally, with some of his freestyle losses, which seem to be weight cut related. Or maybe this Retherford is just that good. But at any rate, I am willing to bet that the next time these two meet, Stieber is going to be very, very motivated to put a beatdown on this lad and send a message so that will be interesting to see.

In regards to Stieber's weight, maybe he's a really dense (muscular-wise) kid but he just doesn't seem that big to me so I am assuming that it isn't a huge, Jaggers-esque cut he's making. Yet for some reason people are starting to think that weight cuts are an issue for him. Anybody with the word on the street on this?

Anybody know where I can watch this match?

If the next match makes it to the second period Stieber takes down to prove a point! That's my prediction. The champion Steiber is, no way he lets Retherford into his head. DC

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    Quinn--I agree with you that Logan will learn from this. I'll be shocked if he takes down again--Retherford is really tough on top. (he did the same thing to Pitt's Bright last week) But I think Stieber is still better on his feet if he doesn't get worn out on bottom. After the ride-out in the 2nd period, Stieber didn't have enough left to do his usual offense. The question might be whether Retherford would take top position when it's his choice! As delighted as I am in Retherford's win, you still have to favor Stieber at NCAA's.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Cutter View Post
    Well, if you come down to Maryland, I have it DVR'd!
    Can you email it to me??? HaHa