Thread: Pitt Vs Penn State; Who Ya Got?

Default Pitt Vs Penn State; Who Ya Got?

I'll be there Sunday with my family, Section 113 rows K and L. Wearing a Hershey Wrestling performance Tee. Stop by and say Hello if you're in the vicinity.

125 PSU 3 - Nico vs Anthony is going to be one hell of a good match. I know the Zanetta family and I'm rooting for Anthony in this one.
    133 PSU 3 - This match could go either way but I think Guilibon edges Mack
    141 PSU 4 - Retherford is going to handle Bright easily.
    149 PSU 3 - Beitz or Conaway should edge Racciato. Racciato is looking strong and will be a great one for Coach Peters this season
    157 PSU 3 - Vollrath and Sheptock will make this match seem like the longest match of all time. Early intermission everyone! Vollrath in a close one.
    165 PSU 6 - Taylor treats Morelli like a Cat playing with catnip before pinning the poor kid in front of 16,000 screaming fans.
    174 PSU 3 - Brown handles Wilps, again.
    184 Pitt 6 - Thom doesn't waste any time and decks Frascella, Thanks Jesus that Ed Ruth craves Taco Bell at 0200am
    197 PSU 4 - MacIntosh Majors Bonnacorsi
    285 PSU 3 - Gingrich or Lawson handles Tasser

PSU 32 - Pitt 6

Default Re: Pitt Vs Penn State; Who Ya Got?

I could see Pitt winning at 141 in addition to 184. I thought Conaway won the starting spot at 133 lb. Is Gulibon back in as the starter?

Cael indicated at a press conference this week that the 133 spot is Gulibon's for now. He did reportedly beat Conaway in an elimination bout recently something like 7-3.

BTW--Badcat--I think you meant to say Beitz or ENGLISH at 149.

I also thought we were more likely to see at 184 unless someone knows something else??

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    I also thought we were more likely to see . . . at 184 unless someone knows something else??
    BBL--You've got us in suspense. Phipps?

Quote Originally Posted by chocell View Post
    I could see Pitt winning at 141 in addition to 184.
    I think Retherford is going to rip some butthole this year and finish high AA, I'd be surprised if he lost this one.

Mega dec Zanetta. 3-0 I don't want to say Zanetta's victory last year was an aberration, well, yes I do. Zanetta is a great wrestler but I just don't think he's truly in Nico's league.
    Gulibon dec Mack. 6-0 It looks like Cael is going to go with Gulibon in both matches this weekend. He needs a good performance here to help solidify his spot.
    Zain Mdec Bright. 10-0 Bright looked really good against Laike Gardner, for the first period. He completely gassed after that and gave up a large lead. Zain is better than Gardner, and seems to have a great gas tank.
    Racciato dec Beitz 10-3 This is really a tossup to me. I flipped a coin. Sorry Zach.
    Vollrath dec Sheptock 13-3 Vollrath should win comfortably. I see it going something like 8-3
    Taylor WBF Morelli. 19-3 Poor, Poor Morelli. At least he doesn't have to wrestle Matt Brown, that guy is brutal.
    Brown dec Wilps 22-3 One of the better matchups of the night, but I think Brown grinds it out.
    Thom dec Phipps 22-6 Phipps really battled Garcia, so I think he can keep this to a decision, but Thom should win handily
    McIntosh Mdec Bonnaccorsi 26-6 If Mac is going to be a top guy, he needs to handle matches like this easily. Bonnaccorsi is decent, but shouldn't test Mac too much
    Lawson dec Tasser 29-6 I see Lawson winning by 5-7 pts.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Oops Tom, I guess I had a cryptic/suspenseful typo. Yes, I meant Phipps.

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    I think Retherford is going to rip some butthole this year and finish high AA, I'd be surprised if he lost this one.
    I meant 149. I agree that Zain Retherford should do very well this year.