Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Long shot predictions 2013-2014

Default Re: Long shot predictions 2013-2014

Has Mark Hall lived in Kentucky throughout all of his middle school and high school days as well as represent them in every single national tournament that he ever won before college (as Taylor did in Ohio)

His birth certificate may say Wyoming, but if you look up Taylor on the PSU roster, his hometown is listed as St. Paris OHIO
    My name's Louden, Louden Swain. Last week I turned 18. I wasn't ready for it. I haven't done anything yet. So I made this deal with myself. This is the year I make my mark.

Isn't Mark Hall a Michituckyotan?
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar

I guess a better example would be Nathan Boston, who had been training with the Carrs (The first family of Kentucky Wrestling) since he was a little kid, they are the crazy black guys who coach him at the national tourneys. He calls himself a Kentuckyian but everybody in Kentucky still considers him an Indiana kid, the same way we treat the Myers who were actually even born in Kentucky to begin with.
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by louden swain View Post
    Has Mark Hall lived in Kentucky throughout all of his middle school and high school days as well as represent them in every single national tournament that he ever won before college (as Taylor did in Ohio)

His birth certificate may say Wyoming, but if you look up Taylor on the PSU roster, his hometown is listed as St. Paris OHIO
    When I was still on the roster my hometown was listed as Fort Campbell, despite the fact I was born in Oklahoma and I have lived in North Carolina, Luxembourg, California, Indiana, Germany, Georgia, Virginia, and technically Tennessee (Tentuckyian). Not that you don't have a very valid point, which you do.
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

My homer long shot pick of the year is that Jackson Hein from WI will AA this year. DC

My long shot homer prediction is: Andrew Alton winning the title at 149!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by FalconWrestlingKY View Post
    I guess a better example would be Nathan Boston, who had been training with the Carrs (The first family of Kentucky Wrestling) since he was a little kid, they are the crazy black guys who coach him at the national tourneys. He calls himself a Kentuckyian but everybody in Kentucky still considers him an Indiana kid, the same way we treat the Myers who were actually even born in Kentucky to begin with.
    And, if I'm not mistaken, the Carrs were originally from Erie, PA!

My long shot pick is Earl Hall at 125 for Iowa State. He is quick and can be competitive with most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    And, if I'm not mistaken, the Carrs were originally from Erie, PA!
    Yes