Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Binghamton Open

Default Re: Binghamton Open

Quote Originally Posted by chocell View Post
    Does this mean we'll see Conaway in the starting line-up for Penn State at 133?
    I think you see both starting on occasion until the Scuffle. The starter after that through Nationals will be decided then IMHO. It's a good problem to have.

A better problem to have would be them taking 1st and 3rd instead of 2nd and 4th. They look more like R12 wrestlers than AA to me. Time will tell

Does Cael pull Retherford's shirt? It'll be interesting to see what he can do at scuffle against Nevi, Dardanes, and Henderson.

I would guess JC and JG won't be decided until the scuffle.

PSU sent every 141 on their roster, and Zain was head and shoulders above the rest. I wish Nevinger had been there to really test Zain, but he handled everyone he faced.

285 is still really close. Gingrich lost in OT to Smith, Lawson best him in OT. Fairly uninspiring.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

If I was PSU I would probably keep the redshirt on until the scuffle and see how he performs there. If PSU struggles a little as a team and Zain has a great tournament making it apparent that he is going to be needed to get the 4-peat then you pull it. If PSU throttles the field and Zain struggles a little, you give him another year in the room to iron some things out. Probably wouldn't pull the shirt based off of the Binghamton open results.

I think the Scuffle will help to show Zain's true ceiling. The Binghamton Open showed the ceiling of some of the other 141's. That in itself is telling.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    Both had medical issues over the summer. I'm not sure they are both fully ready for competition.
    Are they getting new gas tanks?

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    Are they getting new gas tanks?
    Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by burnsie1983 View Post
    Ouch.
    Hahaha......but seriously, I hope so!