Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Save TWT

Default Re: Let's Save TWT

Ok that being said can we maybe get some of us together including Jensen and make a plan to address most or all of the issues you describe.

For me let's start with requiring a complex password for all administrators. Lets find a list of who has what rights and modify those as needed.

Let's figure out what parts of the forum are must haves and which are nice to haves and move forward with a plan to keep this site from being so vulnerable. If we need to raise money lets do that as well.

I am more than willing to put the effort in. Frankly since Jacob's death. The site has definitely hitting a rough spot. We all have the same goal in mind. so lets either set up a web conference, conference call or something and put together a plan of action.

The greatest thing about this site has been the community. That's what made this site great and unique. Knowledgeable and respectful posters. Along with the video content.

Thanks,

Chad Wiltsey
    cwilts01@yahoo.com
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

I don't know how big of a gap you're looking at financially but I think I gave $250 or $500 many years ago when there were problems, and I'm willing to kick in $500 again if it would start the ball rolling. I don't have a problem giving to sites that I enjoy, but I want to be sure that (1) the site is going to continue and (2) the site is more hack-proof and available. If a fundraiser needs to be started then let's do it. Contribution amounts don't have to be public, any little bit would help (I'm guessing). Of course, if there is a $20,000 funding gap then I think that would be insurmountable.

I like the tone of this thread though, I've been coming to this site from the very first day and I have not ever been made aware of who is who, and who does what. I though Shane was running this thing almost by himself, it's kind of a (good) shock to me to see that there is a layer of support here. Transparency can help in this case.

I also thought Jensen was the guy running the show here. I am not even sure how or why I thought that but I certainly did. I agree with Flop on a fundraiser thing as long as the site's problems can be fixed. I can't offer any tech help because I can barely turn a computer on, but if we are all kept in the loop of what needs done I am sure it can get done.

Lets make this happen guys! I too would be willing to throw in a little scratch if that is what needs to happen

I'm in

I would too. This is the only place that I go for chat-type stuff. I like the insight, the passion, and the good wrestling minds here. There are a couple of nut brains anda couple trolls, but hey, it might be a bit boring without them.

I'm willing to not just donate money but also give some time to this site as well doing whatever needs to be done. If you need someone to approve new registrations let me know what I need to do and how to do it. When it comes to money on another forum I was a member of (a jetski webiste: www.x-h20.com) they made money off of people following links to ebay auctions and amazon items. In fact they even created a forum so that you before you bought an ebay item you could post it in the forum and then click on the link in the thread to give the site some credit.

Let me know what I can do to help out. Now that my busy season has ended I'm around a lot more and I'm ready kick the season off right, and on that note: TAYLOR MEEKS!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

This is the first site I ever posted on. I don't know what I can do to help but let me know. I really thought this place was a lost cause. Hope it's not. VA and I texted about how sad we were that we thought it was gone.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I also thought Jensen was the guy running the show here. I am not even sure how or why I thought that but I certainly did. I agree with Flop on a fundraiser thing as long as the site's problems can be fixed. I can't offer any tech help because I can barely turn a computer on, but if we are all kept in the loop of what needs done I am sure it can get done.

Jensen started TWT and then moved into a partnership with Jacob when the original board was moved from the free boards to Schlottke's servers. I don't know what the exact status of how everything is set-up now.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton