Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Save TWT

Information Let's Save TWT

I will miss you. You have been a great place to talk about wrestling, but the further we get from Jacob's tragic passing, the worse the health of this site shows to be.

A dedicated following has looked elsewhere to talk wrestling I'm afraid. When you don't know whether the site will be up from a day to day basis makes it extremely difficult to maintain consistent dialogue and conversation that made TWT a great place to converse, debate, and share.

You were the place I cut my teeth as it were and where I learned TONS about the sport from the MANY knowledgeable posters over here.

Thanks for the memories TWT,

Christian Pyles-
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Default Re: Rip twt

We had some good times... I will miss you.

Herkey's Jerky's and everytihg elst.
    125. I thought a little less attentiont ould be given to robles since he said he doesnt want to be ttough t of the guy with one leg, but...you know TV. Kjar wrestled great but McD wins tonight hands down.

kjar over Mango and Precin over Sentes and Kjar.

133. i think Ovlier wins thi one hans down. Olivere hanst shwon any wekenses this eyar and aha beeetetn Hoch once at the all star.

Graff beats Sentes and Long beats Grey and Graff which make s me puke.

141 Marion got screweed. Rusell posted and Marion shouldleve been awarded a takedown but was not. Ambrose raises his ugly head. I like Novochkov. Marion has the easy road to third with shavrien but will hav to beat either kennedy or thron orf thidr. I love montell..

149 Dake Dake he's our man if he cant do it, nobody can... I like Dake for obvious readosns. Nadhir over Sanjaa (Ole over Lena) and Chamberlain 0ve parkrs.

156. Okay...I dont' like either onw of these two wreslterers. I was realluy counting on Fiter y to veat Tayulro. I'm gla that taylor gets the chance to knock off teh next Fale, but I' dont kow if it will haooen. Didi I mention that I 'm not a big Penn ST fan?

PS, St. John gets third.

165. Burroughs wins over Caldwell....I was at Big 12's and this was all I heard from coaches and fans during this match..."Dont shuoot Caldwell! Make em come to Ewe!!!! Well, Burroughs goes to ewe and kicks youre butt.

174. Toughest finals to chose from, imo.... Reader has been an animal all yara ln. I thini he beata a ujcastegue. Henrich beats an inuured Ruth and Cobingtotn gets rhird.

184. Gambrall wrestled a toghghj tournanmt. Beatin Peltier, Trotman, LeBl;anc, and Rutt. he made one big mistake against Wrights. I hate Penn ST!

Gambrall has LeBlanc again whom will bea tough to beath. Honneycutg over bodkma.k

197. I thought thi was Simaz's wieth aeot wonbt. but Kilgore wion. NO, OI jhad Foseter winning. and Kilgore wining seoncd. I WANTOTCYRE

hit the wronf button.

I thougth Brdley beeats Rey. Use some more international shiBradley! Rey puches Bradley in the face for the national finals Flores don't care. \\

I love the Iowa Hawkeyes and I'm about to cry. Ramos couldve finished better, Marion, couldve finished better, St, John wrestled his ass off but couldve wrestled better, Janssen R12, 174 loftoushe better get soem legs., 184, this is wheere the Crown an d tejh water meet.

197 scucs too. Loftuse bearts Brandy!

HWT Flores, Raising gets third.

I HATE PENN saTETER
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Wow, I have too many memories in this site lol.
    I shoot, I score. He shoots, I score
    -Dan Gable

So is this the official shut down? Where the hell has Jensens been? This site is a rudderless ghost ship.

Where is everyone going to go now? I have been over at Themat for a bit but haven't posted yet. What recommendations do you fine folks have?

Site ain't getting shut down. I do sympathize with you guys, in the middle of a fantasy draft and the site gets hacked like it has been many times before.

I don't know where the hell Shane is, but actually Shane's account was the one getting hacked so we had to change his password lol. If he wants to get in he can do the "forgot password" thing but his password was probably really basic and in turn allowed hackers to get in easily (and since he was one of the admin level accounts, that's not a good thing).

Ty and I have been trying to keep the site up in our spare time, mind you we're not really getting paid for the time we put in to keep this up so it's hard to make it happen when we all have lives, paid work, etc. But out of respect for Kristen and Jacob, who we have been friends and business partners with since the early 2000's, we made the sacrifices through the last week to try to get it back up. We had to repair a 5+ gigabyte database...this site is effin huge.

Anyway, sorry for the downtime, I don't blame you guys for how you feel or what you do. But bottom line, this site is going to be up, it's not going anywhere.

I'm sorry to say this, but you guys have some serious gall posting this type of talk here.
    How disrespectful is it to use this forum to decide where people can go to find "greener pastures?"

At the end of the day, who among you has offered up what's needed to help nurture and maintain this site?
    Instead you choose to jump ship and deprive it of the only thing you have offered, a chance at fresh, quality content.

It's likely that none of the people complaining have any idea what it takes to run this site, or what those who have taken responsibility for it put up with on a daily basis.

Thank you all for allowing me to spend inordinate amounts of my personal time working on this twisted heap of a site, so that you all can make assumptions and turn tail when things get tough.

I sincerely hope you guys find what you're looking for out there.
    ~ truthfulness ~ compassion ~ forbearance ~

I don't understand what all this hacking is about. You would hack a wrestling website and why? None of it makes any sense to me.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

To run processes that link to their sites (that you can't see from the front-end of the website). Also people from other countries like to hack US sites just to fuck with them. We get lots of hacks from China where they try to run perl processes constantly. They do it for fun, for people like us to be annoyed, etc.

One good thing was HostGator actually found that it was Shane's account getting hacked so he probably had a simple password that was easy to hack.

Hoping it stays good going forward. Before that last week it had been up for a while undisturbed. Let's hope it can replicate that again. Again, this ain't our full time job but we'll do our best to keep it afloat with wrestling season starting. We also have to manage www.hswrestling.net, www.matfish.com , posting content / new items for both, keeping them upright (hswrestling.net also gets hacked like a bitch), among about 15 other schlottke websites (in addition to our own). But we do value this forum being up, trust me

Quote Originally Posted by tc View Post
    I'm sorry to say this, but you guys have some serious gall posting this type of talk here.
    How disrespectful is it to use this forum to decide where people can go to find "greener pastures?"

At the end of the day, who among you has offered up what's needed to help nurture and maintain this site?
    Instead you choose to jump ship and deprive it of the only thing you have offered, a chance at fresh, quality content.

It's likely that none of the people complaining have any idea what it takes to run this site, or what those who have taken responsibility for it put up with on a daily basis.

Thank you all for allowing me to spend inordinate amounts of my personal time working on this twisted heap of a site, so that you all can make assumptions and turn tail when things get tough.

I sincerely hope you guys find what you're looking for out there.
    Ok ok, go easy. I thought that this thread was an actual truthful announcement that this site is getting shut down. This site has been my first pick for a while now for real, relatively troll-free discussion so obviously I don't want to see it go.

And thanks for all the time you spend keeping this 'twisted heap of a site' going.