Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 19 to 27 of 31

Thread: Draft Order

  1. #19

    Default Re: Draft Order

    herk really? i'm not a big fan of how we do the keepers but i just joined this league last year and just have to abide by the rules. as things need modified just bring it up and let democracy rule. let's say i am a new guy in the league and you tell me that everyone gets to keep one of the top wrestlers from their roster and also might have one of the first picks and now i have the last pick in the draft as well with no chance of being lucky and picking higher. that means 11 guys get to keep the ruths and megaludis and others and they also get to pick the top 11 available before i get to pick the first time. i'm possibly getting the 23rd and 24th best wrestler. does this seem fair? would you like to enter a league with those restrictions? you will be able to keep caldwell or loder or alton or burak or meeks and all save caldwell for probably under what they are valued. you also pick 3rd which will probably give you ramos. if not then howe or nelson or some national champion. won't you be happy with ramos? just saying
    Last edited by yakrider; 10-14-2013 at 09:17 AM.

  2. #20

    Default Re: Draft Order

    Quote Originally Posted by yakrider View Post
    let's say i am a new guy in the league and you tell me that everyone gets to keep one of the top wrestlers from their roster and also might have one of the first picks and now i have the last pick in the draft as well with no chance of being lucky and picking higher. that means 11 guys get to keep the ruths and megaludis and others and they also get to pick the top 11 available before i get to pick the first time. i'm possibly getting the 23rd and 24th best wrestler. does this seem fair? would you like to enter a league with those restrictions? you will be able to keep caldwell or loder or alton or burak or meeks and all save caldwell for probably under what they are valued. you also pick 3rd which will probably give you ramos. if not then howe or nelson or some national champion. won't you be happy with ramos? just saying
    That's exactly how we do our football league and my other wrestling league. The new guy gets last pick and no keepers. Your argument is a bit flawed. Nobody can keep anyone drafted in the first two rounds so all of those guys would be back in the draft pool.

    And yes, I'm not complaining about having the third pick. I will be fine and probably win the league again. It's not even a big deal. I'm just asking the question of why we give the new guy the first pick. Make him pay his dues. That's all.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

    "I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

  3. #21

    Default Re: Draft Order

    not gonna get into an argument bout it. that's why they make chocolate and vanilla. however, all those names i mentioned are available to you to keep. they are all 3rd rounders on. same with ruth and mega etc. the steibers and ramos and nelson etc are available to pickers this year. i guess the new guys dues is he will not have a keeper this year.

  4. #22

    Default Re: Draft Order

    Quote Originally Posted by yakrider View Post
    not gonna get into an argument bout it. that's why they make chocolate and vanilla. however, all those names i mentioned are available to you to keep. they are all 3rd rounders on. same with ruth and mega etc. the steibers and ramos and nelson etc are available to pickers this year. i guess the new guys dues is he will not have a keeper this year.
    I am aware of my keeper options, and I am also not arguing. Just making my opinion about it known. I like to do that from time to time.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

    "I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

  5. #23

    Default Re: Draft Order

    Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Who the heck is WDFanworth and how in the heck does he get the number one pick over everyone else that has been in the league at least a year or more. I've never been in a fantasy league that gives the new guy the first pick.
    I chose first last year on my first year in.

  6. #24

    Default Re: Draft Order

    Quote Originally Posted by Whippet#2 View Post
    I chose first last year on my first year in.
    I didnt realize that but watch out for Karma. you will probably finish in last place this year. I must not have been paying attention.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

    "I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

  7. #25

    Default Re: Draft Order

    Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    I didnt realize that but watch out for Karma. you will probably finish in last place this year. I must not have been paying attention.
    I finished in last place last year. Had trouble following action with personal issues with testing for mine and my brothers health. Also working 13 hours a day and 7 days a week.

  8. #26

    Default Re: Draft Order

    Can I start a poll asking whether Herkey is the worst person in the world?
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  9. #27

    Default Re: Draft Order

    I feel like I should start hanging out in this thread, the rest of the site is dead.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •