Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaisforlovers NCAA Summer Predictions All Weights Posted

Default Re: Vaisforlovers NCAA Summer Predictions All Weights Posted

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Kokesh is 1-3 against Evans, and I don't think he's as good as Storley, Brown, Perry, etc. These are my predictions, not rankings. Who do you think he out-places next year?
    Predictions, Rankings, Snapshots in time, etc, all confuse me. Kokesh's "body of work" last year warrants a higher ranking unless you are predicting upsets. Howe is the favorite in the class, but no 174 lber is odds on to win.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    I would love to see your predictions, but, you're the guy who gripes at others but never offers his own actual picks.
    ...gripes at others [sic, read informs]. You've read my analysis of AWN, TWT, SHP, and FLO's NCAA picks compared to the seeding. They all are comparable with only SHP's computer prediction of the actual placers being out of line. These things are fun to read and discuss, but have little predictive value.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

Will Hunter Stieber redshirt this year or do you just think Ian Paddock will beat him in wrestle-offs?

Quote Originally Posted by chocell View Post
    Will Hunter Stieber redshirt this year or do you just think Ian Paddock will beat him in wrestle-offs?
    As far as I know, Hunter is redshirting. Pretty sure Ryan mentioned that earlier this summer.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Like the picks overall, 149 and 197 look really wide open at this point! Anyone know if Maple is moving up to 149?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    Predictions, Rankings, Snapshots in time, etc, all confuse me. Kokesh's "body of work" last year warrants a higher ranking unless you are predicting upsets. Howe is the favorite in the class, but no 174 lber is odds on to win.

...gripes at others [sic, read informs]. You've read my analysis of AWN, TWT, SHP, and FLO's NCAA picks compared to the seeding. They all are comparable with only SHP's computer prediction of the actual placers being out of line. These things are fun to read and discuss, but have little predictive value.
    If you are confused about the difference between rankings and predictions, perhaps the best course of action would be to not comment about something you don't admittedly do not understand?

Who would it be an "upset" for Robert to lose to? Evans, who he is 1-3 against? Storley who has split with him? Perry? Brown? You really think it's an upset if he loses to any of those guys?

You say Howe is the favorite but not the "odds on" to win(which by definition means favorite), so you clearly are arguing with yourself on that one.

Since my predictions(and others as well) last year were better than the NCAA seeds, I would say there is some predictive value.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by chocell View Post
    Paddock will be the guy 100% at 149 this year for the Buckeyes. Hunter to RS.

Excellent read and I might add a significantly better version than what I'd be able to offer at this point after what has been a very busy and eventful summer.

Need to get my head in and get a little educated in anticipation of fantasy and (hopefully) my preseason picks making their return in a couple of months.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by 1stplace View Post
    Really good picks. Just a few quick things1. Is Mark Grey really a tier above gulibon?2. Doesn't Lofthouse own multiple wins over Sheptock? 3. I like Kyven Gadsen to get it done at 197 but I am also high on McIntoshNot really much too complain about at all
    Regarding Grey, it is really tough to say, and maybe Jimmy should be in that tier. He's been smashed regularly by Beckman(who Grey beats) but of course Jimmy has beaten Grey. Grey had wins over Beckman and Mango. There's some mixed results there which can make them tough to order. I wrestled with that one for awhile and had it a few different ways, but you are probably right that Jimmy is there. I was trying to negate my natural affinity towards Jimmy and might have went too much the other way..

The Sheptock/Ethen thing was tough, it is so hard to know what Lofthouse we are going to get from week to week. Their in the same tier for a reason though.

Can't go wrong with Kyven imo. There's a few picks at 197 that I think are real solid. Thanks for the feedback bud.

1. Penn State, 115.5
    2. Minnesota, 105
    3. Iowa, 104.5
    4. Oklahoma State, 91.5
    5. Oklahoma, 57
    6. Ohio State, 42
    7. Nebraska, 41.5
    8. Oregon State, 39.5
    9t. Iowa state, 36
    9t. Wisconsin, 36