Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2013 D1CW Coaches Poll

Default Re: 2013 D1CW Coaches Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    The top guys in the Most Athletic category all have something in common, I can't quite put my finger on it.
    Their explosive athleticism?
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Their explosive athleticism?
    Sure. I also think Taylor, Ramos, and a bunch of other dudes may be just as explosive, and athletic.

The top guys in the Most Athletic category all have something in common, I can't quite put my finger on it.
    My thoughts exatly..
    Although I noticed that Jordan Oliver won it last year.

Always enjoy reading these, cool to see some (semi) less heralded guys get shout outs ala Nevinger in the first category.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Sure. I also think Taylor, Ramos, and a bunch of other dudes may be just as explosive, and athletic.
    Yeah, I'm kidding with you. I have an inside joke with a few friends in wrestling who think it is pretty hilarious that every African American wrestler is so heralded for their "explosiveness and athleticism." Meanwhile many white guys are "tactical, slick or physical." It's just a funny stereotype that is so often applied to wrestlers and it's not always the case. Mike Poeta was an unbelievable athlete, and I think Oliver is one of the most technical guys out there and that guys like Raymond Jordan were quite tactical and physical.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.