Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 27th Summer Universiade in Kazan

Default Re: 27th Summer Universiade in Kazan

I think gadisov is wrestling at 96 and not boltukaev, he's training in kazan anyway.

That's correct, not sure why Boltukaev didn't go unless he's either too old or has already earned the national team spot.

LOVED that 84 kg final, what a match! It also illustrates the silliness of both the 7 pt tech and the 2 x 3 rule. In regards to the out of bounds- Georghita steps out, then hits the massive throw. Was the rule correctly applied or was that a pushout and match over?

After a close first round, Tsargush locks up a trapped-arm gut wrench and puts Taylor away. All 3 Russians win gold in dominant fashion.

60 kg final
    Goygerev's back flip

Dartfish.tv - Channel FILA Wrestling videos

Can someone post the updated brackets? The website isn't working on my computer.

Thank you.

Универсиада 2013 Денис Царгуш - Дэвид Тейлор (США) 1/4 финала - YouTube Tsargush/Taylor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-stefXTK7Qn Tsargush/Hasaynov final. Tsargush wasn't boring today... akzent do you know why Boltukaev didn't wrestle here? Also do you have a link to the 66 kg final?

I am not sure. There may be at least 3 possible answers.
    1. He isn't a student.
    2. Gadisov won the student nationals that was held short before the Russian nationals. Only post factum (this happens often in Russia), after the R. nationals, the Russian federation decided that it would consider as Universiade team trials not the student nationals, but the Russian nationals. That is why Russia is represented by the 2013 national champs. Except in FS-96. Rumors say the federation took into account Gadisov's good performance at the student nationals.
    3. (stated in the media) Boltukaev recovers from an injury.

I think the real reason is #2, and #3 is only a facade to avoid questions why did the federation favorite only Gadisov, but not all the other champs from the student nationals.

84 Final
    Exciting match. New rules are really making things more exciting to watch...for now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT1o...5yARwX5Xh4jyQg