Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Home Break In!!

Default Re: Home Break In!!

Quote Originally Posted by Whippet#2 View Post
    I am also glad that only property damage occurred. You cannot talk on the phone and defend yourself at the same time. The elapsed time between the break in and the shots being fired was about 3 to 4 minutes. The stairs are approximately 20 feet from the window that the uninvited visitor came in. He heard the window being damaged. It was not the sound of a door opening. If he had called 911 he could have been dead waiting on an answer and authorities to arrive. The intruder was already getting ready to go up the stairs where he was at.
    As I said above, ". . . unless there is more to the story than what's in the first post . . ." Apparently, there is, however I'm not sure that it changes my opinion. Though as I also said above, I'm no expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Whippet#2 View Post
    Hind sight is always 20/20. I cannot blame anyone for their actions when put in a situation where they believe their life is in danger.
    I agree, and I can't say how I would react in a similar situation
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Someone breaks into my house. there won't be any warning shots.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

NCAA Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Wiltz View Post
    I'm with you Wiltz

I don't know where I fall on this, I'm totally on board with converting a burglar into swiss-cheese with a shotgun (right after I drop a deuce in my pants), but it would be a terrible situation if I accidentally unloaded on a relative that maybe forgot their keys and was trying to get back into the house.

But sure, if you know it's a burglar then light him up.

I think we are all being a bit naive if we expect anyone(much less a 17 year old) to think through every single option and protocol for a potentially life threatening situation.

The "what ifs" and other hypotheticals are pointless. Nobody was killed and he is safe.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiltz View Post
    No warning shots from me either... I am heading out the back door quick as I can. Not going to risk my life over the crap that I have (and I don't want to end someone else's either. Very unlikely that some stranger breaking into your house wants to do you harm, they are looking to steal not kill.

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    No warning shots from me either... I am heading out the back door quick as I can. Not going to risk my life over the crap that I have (and I don't want to end someone else's either. Very unlikely that some stranger breaking into your house wants to do you harm, they are looking to steal not kill.
    It could be rape too. If women or girls are normally there then the guy may have been after one of them. But who knows.

If some guy is breaking into my house to rape me, then I am definitely running away as fast as I can!