Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: chance a lion

Default Re: chance a lion

Quote Originally Posted by Badcat View Post
    Well, the inter-squad match should be interesting if Chance gets a shot at David Taylor.
    Chance is a rising senior, David Taylor is going into his last year of college wrestling. They won't see each other in the intersquad, unless it's some sort of exhibition.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Also wouldn't you think that Taylor would destroy Marsteller at this point? Marsteller has shown that he can dominate HS wrestlers in a though state and has been doing so since he was young, but slow down the expectations of how good he is right now.
    Taylor is crushing everyone who is not in consideration for the best ever (Dake) or the best in the world in the world (Burroughs, Tsargush).

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    Also wouldn't you think that Taylor would destroy Marsteller at this point? Marsteller has shown that he can dominate HS wrestlers in a though state and has been doing so since he was young, but slow down the expectations of how good he is right now.
    Taylor is crushing everyone who is not in consideration for the best ever (Dake) or the best in the world in the world (Burroughs, Tsargush).
    1st or 2nd period tech. If he doesnt pin him before.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Yeah, you're right Zapp. Those 4 years of DT went by too quickly.

I'm curious to see how Chance's style measures up to the college level. Look at the Alton Brothers, who I thought would be on par with DT and Ruth but they just dont have the gas tanks to go past the second period. It's a shame, really. Genetics are somthing you just cant overcome.

agreed right now i dont think chance has too much of a chance (no pun intended) against dt. i coach at the high school level in the same district as marstellar and get to see him a fair amount. he is indeed head and shoulders above all but one (Cody Wiercioch) of the wrestlers he is pitted (again no pun as cody is going to pitt) against but i don't think he is on dt's level just yet. chance techs everyone but very well might get a taste of his own medicine should he and taylor wrestles. i year in the room with dt and ruth and brown and especially cunningham and we might very well have another monster in happy valley however.

Quote Originally Posted by Badcat View Post
    Yeah, you're right Zapp. Those 4 years of DT went by too quickly.

I'm curious to see how Chance's style measures up to the college level. Look at the Alton Brothers, who I thought would be on par with DT and Ruth but they just dont have the gas tanks to go past the second period. It's a shame, really. Genetics are somthing you just cant overcome.
    Your expectations are ridiculously high. In the last ten years there have only been a handful of guys that have achieved the level that Ruth and Taylor have. The Altons will not get there, but they still have a great shot at outstanding careers.

Quote Originally Posted by yakrider View Post
    agreed right now i dont think chance has too much of a chance (no pun intended) against dt. i coach at the high school level in the same district as marstellar and get to see him a fair amount. he is indeed head and shoulders above all but one (Cody Wiercioch) of the wrestlers he is pitted (again no pun as cody is going to pitt) against but i don't think he is on dt's level just yet. chance techs everyone but very well might get a taste of his own medicine should he and taylor wrestles. i year in the room with dt and ruth and brown and especially cunningham and we might very well have another monster in happy valley however.
    are you assuming the Ruth and Taylor hang around the PSU room after they graduate? While I am sure that would be ideal for PSU, I think they could be pulled off to another team to become the Graduate Assistant coach to earn a little bit of money. And someone who is more knowledgable than me can correct me, but if they are able to get paid to stay in Happy Valley and train through the NLWC I believe their interaction with the college kids is limited by NCAA rules.

I think Marstellar gets teched, because Taylor techs nearly everyone he ever wrestles. I'd be interested in seeing it though. Marstellar will be coming to PSU with sky-high expectations, if he's not a 4-time AA and multiple winner then he'll be looked at as an underachiever. The level of excitement and expectation for him are about on par with where they were for Kolat. Kolat came into college immediately ready to compete for the title, and I'd expect Marstellar to do the same.

I'm not saying it's fair for those expectations to exist, but that's the reality of it. The curse of great potential has been discussed in other threads and Marstellar is going to have to live through it.