Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nick Nevills to PSU

Default Re: Nick Nevills to PSU

Quote Originally Posted by 1stplace View Post
    To me this only makes sense if Nevills is a better student and they hope to save scholarship money for other spots by him largely being on academic scholarship. I have not watched much of Nevills but I really think Haines is going to be a fantastic college wrestler. I would be a little surprised if Haines still ends up in happy valley.
    I certainly don't have any inside information. But I'd be surprised if Haines transferred. I suspect he has a lot of confidence in himself and sees Nevills as having to prove himself. I don't think Haines will back off from the challenge. That said, I agree with others in finding this a bit puzzling as there are other weights that PSU needs help in down the line and pulling in 2 of the top 5 pfp wrestlers at the same weight is interesting. I suspect that Nevills didn't need a lot of scholly money (as others have suggested). I can't see Cael handing out major scholly money to 2 Hwt prospects, even as good as both of them are.

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    I certainly don't have any inside information. But I'd be surprised if Haines transferred. I suspect he has a lot of confidence in himself and sees Nevills as having to prove himself. I don't think Haines will back off from the challenge. That said, I agree with others in finding this a bit puzzling as there are other weights that PSU needs help in down the line and pulling in 2 of the top 5 pfp wrestlers at the same weight is interesting. I suspect that Nevills didn't need a lot of scholly money (as others have suggested). I can't see Cael handing out major scholly money to 2 Hwt prospects, even as good as both of them are.

Haines Hits The Open Market | News | Flowrestling

Haines opens up his recruiting
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011

Wooops!

I guess it would be better for PSU fans if Nevills has a great career and Haines has a pretty good one.

In all honesty, i hope they both have phenominal careers. Haines has grown up a Penn State wrestling fan and and then to have Cael Sanderson take over to sweeten the deal was a dream for this kid...only to have it ripped away. I feel awful for the young man and I wish him nothing but the best. I really hope he heads to OK St, Coach Smith will take great care of him there.

If he goes to Iowa I'll hate every second of rooting for him (ala Mike Evans)